CMP National Council Rule Changes

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

SRichieR

CMP National Council Rule Changes

Post by SRichieR »

I got a notice from CMP this week that the CMP will use part of the new rules in the monthly match tomorrow. It appears that there are a number of rule changes coming for the CMP National Council Rules in a few weeks. Maybe I missed it, but, I haven't seen anything on it here.
The part of new rules hangs the firing times - 10 minute preparation & sighting period, 20 minutes 20 shots prone; 5 minute changeover, 10 min prep/sighting, 25 min 20 shot standing; 5 min changeover, 10 min prep/sighting, 20 minutes kneeling.

Apparently there are some clothing changes to.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Many of the clothing changes are being phased in to help reduce costs to the junior programs. We will have until Jan 2014 to get in compliance.

There are some other changes that less well defined.

Rules should be out next week (??? hopefully ???)

I really wish the rule making bodies would send out a proposed set of rules for comment well before they bring them out.

Many rule changes are not well thought out.
For example ... ISSF is going towards block times for 3-P and yet CMP is further staging the 3-P event into smaller sections. Which is OK maybe for electronics, but when most of us shoot paper, change for the sake of change is really not welcome.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

The rules are out. Looks like CMP is going to institute, but not make effective until a later date, some new ISSF rules that are still just proposed as of today.

http://www.odcmp.org/0912/default.asp?page=3PRULES
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I guess I don't understand the why at all.

ISSF is moving 3-P to block time.
CMP is moving to a more scripted/staged event ... for no reason other than they can and it makes running a match on electronics easier for them.