advanced shooting club ???

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

oddsonjjf

advanced shooting club ???

Post by oddsonjjf »

Ok Guys,

We have a small shooting program that meets one night a week..we are looking at creating another class every other week on another day for advanced shooters... the advanced shooters are J1 and J2's and have traveled to some national matches... We are hoping to bend some ears and gather some info for this new class... we are open to any suggestions.... We have a great facility indoors and have access to a Scatt(which we have not used yet).... Again... we are open...anything that has worked that you are willing to throw our way would be appreciated...thanks
jobin33

Post by jobin33 »

First I believe J1 and J2 shooters need to practice at least 3 days per week if they want to compete at a high level. Second look for matches nearby (within 3 to 4 hours) in NRA and USA and attend as many as possible. I would recommend coaches get training too. The NRA coach school is a great start. Then make the Junior Olympics and USA Nationals a goal to shoot for. Good luck, I love seeing this sport grow.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

jobin33 wrote:First I believe J1 and J2 shooters need to practice at least 3 days per week if they want to compete at a high level. Second look for matches nearby (within 3 to 4 hours) in NRA and USA and attend as many as possible. I would recommend coaches get training too. The NRA coach school is a great start. Then make the Junior Olympics and USA Nationals a goal to shoot for. Good luck, I love seeing this sport grow.
What Jobin33 said ... w/ my highlites.

Look at last years JOs scores ... study them for the scores that will be needed to qualify. Email me if you want last years' 1st & 2nd round invite scores .. I don't think they are posted anymore
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Practicing is nice but training is far, far better. Shooting 50, 100 shots 3 x a week won't make you a better shooter (well not much anyway), but training the technique and all aspects will. Perhaps you already have it but good coaching is invaluable.

Rob.