Coat / Pants advice needed

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

rmarsh

Coat / Pants advice needed

Post by rmarsh »

I am planning to get a shooting coat and pants for my 14 y/o daughter soon, and would like some input from you experienced shooters. I have been looking in the Champion's Choice catalog. They carry their own brand and Gehmann.

I will be passing by their location in TN on my way to the 4-H YHEC nationals in a week or so. I thought I could stop by and try on sizes rather than order them in and have fit issues.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Stop in and try them on .... much better than hit/miss and having to return the items
randy1952

Re: Coat / Pants advice needed

Post by randy1952 »

rmarsh wrote:I am planning to get a shooting coat and pants for my 14 y/o daughter soon, and would like some input from you experienced shooters. I have been looking in the Champion's Choice catalog. They carry their own brand and Gehmann.

I will be passing by their location in TN on my way to the 4-H YHEC nationals in a week or so. I thought I could stop by and try on sizes rather than order them in and have fit issues.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
I would wait until the new ISSF rules come out at the end of the year. They are proposing some drastic changes to the shooting cloths.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

randy1952 wrote: I would wait until the new ISSF rules come out at the end of the year. They are proposing some drastic changes to the shooting cloths.
You may be waiting until 2014 as its uncertain when, or even if new rules will come out. And it assumes you are shooting ISSF rules.

It's also fair to say they have been discussing many things - only some of them may come into force.

Rob.
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

RobStubbs wrote:
randy1952 wrote: I would wait until the new ISSF rules come out at the end of the year. They are proposing some drastic changes to the shooting cloths.
You may be waiting until 2014 as its uncertain when, or even if new rules will come out. And it assumes you are shooting ISSF rules.

It's also fair to say they have been discussing many things - only some of them may come into force.

Rob.
I was just told by USA Shooting that they should have the new rules probably out sometime after the next meeting in November.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

randy1952 wrote: I was just told by USA Shooting that they should have the new rules probably out sometime after the next meeting in November.
You may be right, I've just not seen the ISSF publicising such information regarding timelines.

Rob.