Daisy Barrel Weight ?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Surveyor

Daisy Barrel Weight ?

Post by Surveyor »

Our 4-h group recently acquired a couple of new daisy 888's with the improved rear sight and an improved front sight and barrel weight all from daisy. We noticed that the barrel weight has a tapped hole in the top that runs through to the bore and falls under the aperture but there was no allen screw for it or directions for what it should be used for. ??????
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The 747/887 style front sight base/bbl weight should have 2 holes and allen screws in both. If an "extra" bbl weight is on the rifle and is not like the front sight base, it's probably a custom job
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Just got one of those weights as well, to upgrade the sights on my 853.
I have no idea what the threaded hole is for.
Maybe for the post front sight on the 953.
Surveyor

Post by Surveyor »

Mr. Martin, the weight I'm referring to is this one ... http://www.champchoice.com/prod-DAISY_F ... -1671.aspx? to be used in conjunction with the Daisy Avanti Precision Rear Diopter Sight.

Sent an email directly to Daisy and they responded a few minutes ago ...

The hole is to mount an optional, non competition, TruGlo fiber optic front sight.

The hole is intended to be open if the TruGlo sight is not being used.

Thanks,
Daisy Outdoor Products
haresdehan

Post by haresdehan »

I am told that the rifle barrel on the 853 is a Walther barrell and is the main factor in its accuracy; That additional muzzle weight may not be be a problem for your son when he is slinged-up correctly and will improve his sight alignment technique, accuracy and confidence.
However, to actualluy answer your question, I have not seen anything about shooting it w/o the weight.

soccer jersey | kids jersey