USAMU Jr Rifle Camp

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Roodaddy600

USAMU Jr Rifle Camp

Post by Roodaddy600 »

Jr smallbore shooters don't forget that the deadline for entry to the USAMU Jr Rifle camp is June 16th!! This is a great oppurtunity to be coached by the shooters of the United States Army Marksmanship Unit International Rifle Team, the best in the nation and the world. Follow the link for all the information on the camp.

http://www.usaac.army.mil/amu/competitions/clinics.asp
randy1952

Re: USAMU Jr Rifle Camp

Post by randy1952 »

Roodaddy600 wrote:Jr smallbore shooters don't forget that the deadline for entry to the USAMU Jr Rifle camp is June 16th!! This is a great oppurtunity to be coached by the shooters of the United States Army Marksmanship Unit International Rifle Team, the best in the nation and the world. Follow the link for all the information on the camp.

http://www.usaac.army.mil/amu/competitions/clinics.asp
I understand the Army has fired all eight or nine coaches of their shooting coaches at the AMU. I heard also that they are being replaced with ROTC instructors. What is the reason for this move?
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

I've held back from posting on this for a while. Hey are you at the AMU? Are you any of those soldiers? Thought not. Do not post on what you do not know. They HAVE 5 coaches who are still there. They will be leaving soon. No soldier from the USAMU would ever let a ROTC instructor come in and try to be their coach...Don't stir a pot when you don't even know the ingredients.

I would hope that you could please let us know where you received your information.
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

thatguy wrote:I've held back from posting on this for a while. Hey are you at the AMU? Are you any of those soldiers? Thought not. Do not post on what you do not know. They HAVE 5 coaches who are still there. They will be leaving soon. No soldier from the USAMU would ever let a ROTC instructor come in and try to be their coach...Don't stir a pot when you don't even know the ingredients.

I would hope that you could please let us know where you received your information.
The information came indirectly from one of the persons who was one of the coaches. The information that person received may have been scuttle itself, but you yourself have said that the remaining coaches are leaving. I didn't say they are all gone right away.

As far as no soldier would ever let an ROTC instructor come in and be their coach that may have been scuttle but itself and even a person that was at the unit itself is not exempt from scuttle but. However, I find that statement to be very naive. A soldier does what he is told and he rarely has a choice. The military is not a democracy and there are going to many times in a soldiers life that decisions will made by superiors that don't make sense or to their liking. This is one thing I learned when I was in the military many years ago and an aspect that hasn't changed today. If your in the military you would have learned that and if you haven't you will.