TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:04 am 

Hello group,
I have a Russian dual post rt scope, but I don't understand how to use it. I was hoping someone could explain it to me. Im shooting at an issf 10m rt target which has a target on the right and left and a smaller dot in the middle. What should my scope picture look like? What is the small center dot used for? Why do I have two posts, and what post goes to which target? Further explanation of the scopes function would also be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 pm 

Take a look at the attachment - this is what your sight picture should look like when shooting at a moving target. You are hitting the trailing target. So, from right-to-left, you should be hitting the right target; from left-to-right - the left target. On a static target, the shots should be landing right in the middle of the posts.

Did you play with the adjustments on the mounts to "zero" the scope?

Attachments:
RT Scope.pdf [464.75 KiB]
Downloaded 268 times

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:22 pm 

Thank you! That picture helps. Unfortunately I've tried to adjust my mounts but I can't get the screws to budge and I'm afraid I'll strip them. It's so hard to come across rt gear I don't want to ruin what I have. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:06 am 

First of all - buy good pair of mounts. Please throw away those discount static scope mounts. Your scope will thank you for that.

Top of the range is EAW - Ernst Apel - www.eaw.de...but the specialized mounts for the RT (adjustment for windage and elevation) is a very rare found. Also the mounts cost like hell :)

I am using (for RT10 and RT50)UK producer SportsMatch - mount named ATP65 - www.sportsmatch-uk.com. It is a line of adjustable scope mounts (windage and elevation). Very reliable and accurate. Also in terms of screw grip issues. Lots of accessories also.

Enjoy

bcrt wrote:
Thank you! That picture helps. Unfortunately I've tried to adjust my mounts but I can't get the screws to budge and I'm afraid I'll strip them. It's so hard to come across rt gear I don't want to ruin what I have. Any suggestions?