TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Running Target community
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 am
Posts: 150
Location: Colorado
Greetings Distinguished Members if Running Target Community!

We now have a place where we can all stay in touch, share ideas, post matches.

Let's thank our gracious host and take advantage of this opportunity!!

See you in the threads,

Alex.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 am
Posts: 21
Location: Estonia
kaban56 wrote:
Greetings Distinguished Members if Running Target Community!

We now have a place where we can all stay in touch, share ideas, post matches.

Let's thank our gracious host and take advantage of this opportunity!!

See you in the threads,

Alex.


Hi

Also thank you Alex for the efforts of opening this thread.

Rtarget


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Running Target Alumni...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 56
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
I did not realize that RT was still alive and well...

Don't have my 10 meter RT rifle anymore, but I kept my 50 meter RT rifle that I used at the 76 Olympics... I really miss 50 meter RT.

I have the Mike Tipa 50 meter RT trophy displayed in my office. Drop by the USA Shooting Center at the Olympic Training Center anytime. Would love to trade stories about our RT sport and history.

Mike Theimer

76 Olympian - Running Target
72-76 USAMU RT OIC
76-80 USAR RT Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 am
Posts: 150
Location: Colorado
76Olympian wrote:
I did not realize that RT was still alive and well...

Don't have my 10 meter RT rifle anymore, but I kept my 50 meter RT rifle that I used at the 76 Olympics... I really miss 50 meter RT.

I have the Mike Tipa 50 meter RT trophy displayed in my office. Drop by the USA Shooting Center at the Olympic Training Center anytime. Would love to trade stories about our RT sport and history.

Mike Theimer

76 Olympian - Running Target
72-76 USAMU RT OIC
76-80 USAR RT Team


Thank you for the invite Mr. Thiemer! I will make sure to stop by and chat with you.

I wouldn't say that RT is alive and well (at least here in US), but we are trying.... We just had a 50m match down in Texas (about two weeks ago).
12 people shot international 30+30 and 40 shot mixed runs - it was fun! We'll shoot one next year as well - you should come and join us.

Also, how about a quick trip to Steamboat? (We have this match advertised here on this board) It's only about 4hrs from you.... A few former OTC resident athletes will come, I am sure you know most of them. You can borrow one of our rifles - for good-old-time sake. It will be fun!

Best Wishes,
Alex.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 am
Posts: 150
Location: Colorado
RTarget wrote:
kaban56 wrote:
Greetings Distinguished Members if Running Target Community!

We now have a place where we can all stay in touch, share ideas, post matches.

Let's thank our gracious host and take advantage of this opportunity!!

See you in the threads,

Alex.


Hi

Also thank you Alex for the efforts of opening this thread.

Rtarget


And let's thank our gracious host for starting this forum!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Running Target
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:23 pm
Posts: 2
Location: New York
Hi Guys: I am new to target talk. I was always interested in learning running target. I did not hear anything about it for a while. Glad to see your post. Any thoughts on how a novice from New York can learn the game? Thanks- RS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Running Target
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 am
Posts: 150
Location: Colorado
ron-s wrote:
Hi Guys: I am new to target talk. I was always interested in learning running target. I did not hear anything about it for a while. Glad to see your post. Any thoughts on how a novice from New York can learn the game? Thanks- RS


I am glad to hear that you are interested in RT! There is a gun club in Staten Island - Richmond Boro Gun Club http://www.richmondborogc.org/. It is right by the Outerbridge Crossing. They used to hold 10m RT matches about 10 years ago and were in process of fine-tuning the 50m RT range. When you look at their website, they still hold RT matches at the end of each month. Try them out and see what they say. One of their members used to be 100m Running Deer World Champion (back in the 60s) - Vladimir Polosin. He and his son both shot RT for Empire State Games (when RT was part of that competition). If they are still around - they can help.

And you can always make a quick trip to Colorado for our match in about 4 weeks!

Keep in touch,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:23 pm
Posts: 2
Location: New York
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will reach out to the club and see what they say. Thanks again- RS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 am
Posts: 315
Location: netherlands
Hi all
Are there some good books about RT? Or other documents about 'how to' RT? Especially 10m AR.
I'm looking for specific shooting techniques etc.
I have a few lads at the gunclub I'd like to help getting started with RT.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: RT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 am
Posts: 150
Location: Colorado
yana wrote:
Hi all
Are there some good books about RT? Or other documents about 'how to' RT? Especially 10m AR.
I'm looking for specific shooting techniques etc.
I have a few lads at the gunclub I'd like to help getting started with RT.


Hi,

Send me an email (my email is in my profile) and I can forward you some materials.
Do you have any specific questions? We can certainly discuss them here,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:02 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Northern Virginia
If any Running Target shooter is in need of a Scope I have one for sale. A 10M 4-x42 Nickel. Photos are posted in the want/buy/sell portion of the forum. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:34 am
Posts: 6
Location: Finland
This forum is a brilliant idea, thx to whom saw the effort!

Eagerly looking forward to discussion in rt, since old Olympic competitors have found their way here :)


- Jani Suoranta


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 am
Posts: 6
Location: UK
Hi

Also thank you Alex for the efforts of opening this thread.

Rtarget[/quote]

And let's thank our gracious host for starting this forum![/quote]


Hi
Many thanks to Alex for starting this forum - I have dealt with Alex a few times and it is great that he has taken the initiative to push RT shooting
Look forward to being in touch with RT shooters across the world!
Cheers
Paul


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 am
Posts: 6
Location: UK
yana wrote:
Hi all
Are there some good books about RT? Or other documents about 'how to' RT? Especially 10m AR.
I'm looking for specific shooting techniques etc.
I have a few lads at the gunclub I'd like to help getting started with RT.


Hi Yana
Glad to hear there is RT in Holland. You will of course have the 10m championships in Arnhem in 2015 which has RT.
If you are interested in text try googling:
bob maddison shooting at moving targets

Bob was a core part of the British set up for many years and was heavily involved in the ISSF. He unfortunately passed away earlier this year (RIP).

Cheers

Paul


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group