Mark Miller's perspective on teaching women

Connecting with the collegiate coaches.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963

SPPcoach

Mark Miller's perspective on teaching women

Post by SPPcoach »

We have 16 individuals on my shooting team. It is an even split between male / female participants. I thought that this was an interesting article and I will apply some of the perspectives offered here. Although the focus on this article is not directed towards the users of this forum I felt that there was enough relevant information that the article had some value to the users here. I hope you enjoy it.

"Recent developments in imaging technology have revealed that the brains of men and women are physically wired differently. This could explain some of the stereotypical differences in male and female behavior. When you don’t understand a person’s logic, when their brain is constructed differently than yours, their decisions may seem incomprehensible. They will seem crazy. This has strained relations between the sexes since Adam and Eve.

I know from personal observation that the sun comes up every morning in the east and sets every night in the west. For centuries men watched this and figured that the sun went around the earth. As Copernicus later explained, even though this theory is validated twice daily, it is a fundamental misunderstanding of orbital mechanics. After a life time of study, Copernicus was never able to predict female behavior.

Misunderstanding can lead to frustration and even danger. Siegfried and Roy made a good living working with big cats. They thought they understood feline behavior right up until they were almost eaten. Alive.

If you are a female instructor, you don’t need to read this, but it may help you understand why men are so irritating and dense. This article represents my best attempt to help my brothers teach the women in their units and agencies. Any offense you may take, I attribute to the fact that from your point of view, I have male-pattern insanity.
"

Read more: http://loadoutroom.com/13743/training-w ... z3rfxdJrl1
Alexander

Re: Mark Miller's perspective on teaching women

Post by Alexander »

*Sigh*
*Sighest* (now that was Kenyanese)

If some kind soul endeavoured to translate that piece from Americanese (with all it insipid mental and macho idiosyncrasies) to proper universal English, it would really be(come) a very helpful piece.
Americans...
*shakes head*
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

*sigh*
Now Alex ... I know you have been corrupted by that funny accented UK English.

There >are< some dialects of American english (note small e) that have no accent and are very easy to understand.
Once you start writing without the accent it is much easier to gobble it all up.
Germans
*more shaking heads*
markmiller

Post by markmiller »

Hey Alexander, sorry I confused you. Every written product has a target audience. My audience was male American police and military firearms instructors training females how to fight using guns. The use of vernacular was intentional to engage a very specific audience.

The article was written for them with no thought of how international Olympic shooters might put this information to use. I was pleased to see it referenced in this forum. If any of you have any specific questions, I will be happy answer as best I can given my high testosterone levels, my American english dialect and my very limited grasp of Olympic style shooting. If any one is in the San Diego California area, I would love to learn more about your sport and gain assistance in translating my thoughts into English.