TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inserting
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 pm 

I think I remember seeing an Army shooter demonstrating how he shoots Int. Trap on one of the Wednesday shows. I thought I remember him talking about "inserting" the muzzle, but I can't find anything about it. I was impressed with how quickly he powdered the birds. They were dusted about the same instant that I saw them. Anyone know if the video exists on the 'net anywhere and if I correctly remember the term he used. I wasn't really that interested in learning from him at the time since I don't shoot trap, but I will be hunting Grouse this fall and want to get faster.

He was so very quick!

Thanks!
Ben

Post subject: Re: Grouse Sooting
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:59 pm 

I found the best practice for grouse is shooting skeet or clays from the ready position with a delay release.

A grouse flush is an un-announced 1/2 to 1 second experience, within 10 to 35 yards, starting with the gun un-mounted.

Grouse are not fast. They are agile. The challenge is not the speed and the lead. It is to detect the bird path and get the gun up and pointed in the direction, not necessarily shouldered.