TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:49 pm 

I need to tune my Izh 7-3. If you live in the US what is the ideal brand and model of bench rifle stand for it? The club bench rifle stand's front clamp is too wide for the fore end, so it does not fit. If you use a 7-3, which brand and model you are currently using?

Also I have been having tremendous problem dialing in on the 7-3. The team coach tried to dial in, and reported the same problem.."inconsistency". I "ran out of dial". Rifle was cleaned. Anyone has problem dialing in the 7-3 or 7-4?

Finally, anyone has idea of the total clicks for up/down and left/right for the Izh 7-3 or 7-4? Anyone has to resort to use the extra rail plate to act as a riser for the front sight in order to make it work?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:41 pm 

Conradin,

Many of the mechanical front rests used in BR shooting a designed for a 3 inch wide fore-end, so you rifle won't fit. Fore-end BR adaptors that make skinny stocks fit wide BR rests are sold, or you could make one. However, if you are just shooting from the rest to steady the rifle while you adjust the rearsight, could you use a different support (like a sandbag)?

Ok, so the rearsight won't adjust enough to centre the group. How far off centre, and which direction? Yes, you might need to raise either the front ir rearsight if one is non-standard. It can happen that the rearsight is faulty and won't adjust properly.