Izh 7 bolt removal ?

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

conradin

Izh 7 bolt removal ?

Post by conradin »

I search through youtube, the web, the user manuals, and still cannot find how to take the bolt out of a Izh 7-4.
Also is taking out the bolt to clean is a *must* in order to make sure the rifle is clean? Unable to take the bolt out, all I could do is to close the action and clean, then open it up and further clean the bolt while it is still inside, then of course clean the chamber and receiver..
rodn

Re: Izh 7 bolt removal ?

Post by rodn »

A fellow boarder on rimfirecentral.com passed along this tip. This is for a Izhmash Sobol Legion. Might be the same for yours:

"Sorry, I forgot a critical piece of information. Open the bolt part way by pulling the lever backwards. You will see a small chrome tab (spring-loaded) on the rear of the toggle mechanism, about an inch or so to the right of the pin to be removed. Push this chrome tab toward the front while lifting up on the pin- you should be able to lift it out with your fingernails."

If at all possible, I clean my firearms from the breach end. Less possibility of wearing the crown.

I wanted to add a 7-4 to my collection. Let me know if you ever think about liquidating it ;)

Rod
conradin

Re: Izh 7 bolt removal ?

Post by conradin »

Thank you. I did my best cleaning it. Mine is actually a 7-3. Smaller than I would like, but works for now. I can also use it to teach the juniors in my club if needed. We only have one spare leftie for 3 beginning kids.