Foresight Aperture Size?

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

Krenovian

Foresight Aperture Size?

Post by Krenovian »

Realizing that this is in part a personal preference situation what size aperture are you folks using in your foresights. Its been suggested to me that a minimum size would be 3.5mm. I understand that the distance from the surface of the eye to the foresight will also influence what size aperture gets used by any one individual. Anyone using glass elements like the Centra High End Circle elements? If so what width ring are you using? Thanks for any input you have to offer.

CJ
turbomike15

Post by turbomike15 »

my 2 cents:

3.5 mm seems to be on the standard for most athletes/guns. I've heard of athletes using down to 2.9 mm. My preference is 3.3 mm. Smaller front aperture will help with prone precision but likely hurt standing performance.

MR
Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

my 2 cents:

3.5 mm seems to be on the standard for most athletes/guns. I've heard of athletes using down to 2.9 mm. My preference is 3.3 mm. Smaller front aperture will help with prone precision but likely hurt standing performance.

MR
I think precision is better than the standing performance, so your technique is surely effective.
2whlrcr

Re: Foresight Aperture Size?

Post by 2whlrcr »

Anybody know what mm size the Williams globe inserts are. They are numbered #5, #6, #7 and so forth. I started with the #5 and went to the larger #6. Doesn't seem to make much difference my accuracy, or lack of accuracy. Best I can measure #5 is 3.0mm, #6 is 3.2mm and #7 is 3.4mm?