5 shot air rifle for beginners??

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

JimmyAndreson

5 shot air rifle for beginners??

Post by JimmyAndreson »

Can anyone recommend a 5 shot air or CO2 rifle for training new/junior shooters on the Gehmann 5 knock down target mechanism?

TIAomegle xender

Stan
conradin

Re: 5 shot air rifle for beginners??

Post by conradin »

Beginners Airarms MPR Biathlon, although it was aim at target sprint also. I have no idea about FX Mark I and Mark 2 Biathlon. But for world class competition, FWB P75 and Steyr LGB-1 are the only ones.
TonyU

Post by TonyU »

I'm an avid airgunner since 1985. I really love my 10 meter rifles: Feinwerkbau 700 Basic, Feinwerkbau 800 Universal, HW55 Tyrolean and LG55 Tyrolean w/double set trigger. I watched way too much of the last Winter Olympics Biathlon. Really enjoyed it. I ended up buying the newer FX Biathlon air rifle with a Gehman sight and only put 30 shots through it. I bought 2 extra mags so I have 3. It's quite accurate and fast. I haven't been shooting it and will place it on the Classified Page. It's LNIB. I'm wanting to buy or trade for a Steyr ( old lg100 bumble bee laminate stock) , lg110 or hunter hft, etc.

Best regards,
TonyU
Attachments
FXBiathlon2.jpg
FXBiathlon1.jpg
TonyU

Post by TonyU »

FX Biathlon has been traded.
jimken

Post by jimken »

TonyU wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:54 pm I'm an avid airgunner since 1985. I really love my 10 meter rifles: Feinwerkbau 700 Basic, Feinwerkbau 800 Universal, HW55 Tyrolean and LG55 Tyrolean w/double set trigger. I watched way too much of the last Winter Olympics Biathlon. Really enjoyed it. I ended up buying the newer FX Biathlon air rifle with a Gehman sight and only put 30 shots through it. I bought 2 extra mags so I have 3. It's quite accurate and fast. I haven't been shooting it and will place it on the Classified Page. It's LNIB. I'm wanting to buy or trade for a Steyr ( old lg100 bumble bee laminate stock) , lg110 or hunter hft, etc.

Best regards,
TonyU
I also watched the last Biathlon Winter Olympics, it was really very interesting. By the way, I also have an FX Biathlon MKII and it's really accurate, I didn't expect it to be so accurate.
conradin

Post by conradin »

The paralympics biathlon is even better. Those guys and gals must be super human. I do recognize they either use LGBT-1 or p75. There is no need for harness since the rifle is placed on their individual firing line. There is also one for the vision impaired, I do not know what brand it is, or the modification is. You listen to the beep beep, when the pitch is the highest and frequent, then you are aiming dead center and ready to fire.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

conradin wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:55 am You listen to the beep beep, when the pitch is the highest and frequent, then you are aiming dead center and ready to fire.
Before the race starts, MAKE SURE you take your beeper out of your back pocket!