Southpaw looking for a Fortner . . .

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

Eck

Southpaw looking for a Fortner . . .

Post by Eck »

I'm interested in the competing in the Summer Biathlon event, but shoot off the "other" shoulder. If anyone has an under/unsued LH Fortner for sale, or knows of one, please give me a shout.

Thanks in advance-

John
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

Why don't you just buy a Biathlon basic for $500.00 or less. My son's was deadly accurate and shoot groups as small as .250" at 50 yds. The barrel end is .750" and you can buy a sight band at Champions Choice to mount your front sight or a bloop tube. Any rear sight that fits a Weaver rail will do for the rear. Fit a rail underneath the stock with a handstop and you just saved yourself $2500.00.
Chris
RonBott

Post by RonBott »

Comparing a modified biathlon basic to an Anschutz Fortner is a bit of a stretch.
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

The biathlon basic has a left handed kit to cycle the action with the left thumb. I bought my rifle for $275, ten years ago. I bought a 7-3 stock that I repaired from Altius with a trigger for $110.00. I had the sights laying around and I put on a 6" bloop tube and fixed a scope covers from a scope cap and a cork. I figure I have a little over $500.00 in the gun and it will shoot with any Fortner. The sprint Fortner is $3010.00 and comes without rear sight, $330.00, handstop, harness, cuff sling, ect. The Biathlon basic barrel does not have cold feet like it's 7-4 cousin. It was very accurate in -10* F this past winter and my son ran all the targets with Eley Club that was supplied for the event. Ron, come on down to Madison in February for the Wisconsin Biathlon Cup. Our Winter Classic drew almost 200 competitors in Eagle last January. If you have a match in Minnesota, we might be tempted.
Chris