Paralympic Match

Discussion of the adaptive needs of shooters.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Spencer, Thomas Monto

Thomas Monto

Paralympic Match

Post by Thomas Monto »

Centreville Cup Challenge is an air rifle match offering 3x20 and 60 IA courses of fire, to be held on 28-29 October

Please pass this to anyone that might be interested. We plan to allow adaptive shooters in our CMP match on 28/29 Oct. CMP requires a waiver.

Vicki Donoho is the person at CMP to whom we need to submit the information to get a letter. She's out today, but I spoke with Katie Harrington about what we need to send.

Basically, they will need pictures of the person shooting with their adaptive equipment so that they can see what each of their SH1 or SH2 positions looks like (adaptive prone, kneeling and standing). We send those to Vicki and she secures the letter. Depending on if Vicki has any other questions, she could turn it around within a few weeks.

CMP will assign a "Compensating Factor" for SH2 and that process is less clear. They've only done it one other time and I didn't get a good detailed description of exactly how they determine. We'll need to provide some scores and a description of experience level. But beyond that, I'm not sure how they would determine non-adaptive peer scores to come up with a factor. Katie said that they may have gotten help from the Paralympic National coach to figure it out. Also, it theoretically changes over time as they get better.

Let's at least get the letter process started, if you're ok with sending in pictures. They should be sent to Vicki Donoho at vdonoho@thecmp.org (and 3PAR@thecmp.org).

Thomas Ciarula
(h) 703-250-0947
(c) 703-599-9399