Karoly Takacs

Discussion of the adaptive needs of shooters.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Spencer, Thomas Monto

conradin

Karoly Takacs

Post by conradin »

I have a question concerning eligibility of disability. If Tasaks were to compete in para-Olympics, would he be eligible? He obviously has a disadvantage in the speed of loading the magazine in the RFP.

Alternatively can we consider him ineligible because he could have bring in multiple magazines fully loaded and thus only have a minimal disadvantage, because it takes him more time to put the magazine inside the pistol?
Last edited by conradin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Re: Karoly Tasaks

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:He obviously has a disadvantage in the speed of loading the magazine in the RFP.
RFP is not an IPC event.

Even if it were, with an appropriate stand for the magazine it is perfectly possible to load 5 rounds single handed in under 30 seconds.
conradin

Re: Karoly Tasaks

Post by conradin »

David Levene wrote:
conradin wrote:He obviously has a disadvantage in the speed of loading the magazine in the RFP.
RFP is not an IPC event.

Even if it were, with an appropriate stand for the magazine it is perfectly possible to load 5 rounds single handed in under 30 seconds.
OK, sounds like I need to practice if it is possible to load 5 in 30 seconds for both a semi-automatic and a revolver.
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Why do you need to load 5 in 30 seconds? Time for load is 60 seconds.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Marc Orvin wrote:Why do you need to load 5 in 30 seconds? Time for load is 60 seconds.
Yes, but you need time to put the magazine in the gun, take your grip properly and then prepare yourself physically and mentally for "ATTENTION".
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:Yes, but you need time to put the magazine in the gun, take your grip properly and then prepare yourself physically and mentally for "ATTENTION".
If you mean the Hungarian RFP medal winner (twice), it is Károly Takács

I have seen a number of one-armed shooters load in the 1 minute for 25m events without any real problem. Some use a modified stand to hold the pistol, some a stand for the magazine.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Karoly Takacs I believe is the correct spelling for this Hungarian RF Master......"Doc"
conradin

Post by conradin »

Thanks for pointing out the misspelling.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

plenty of IPC shooters shooting 25m sport and missing a hand. They load and get ready in one minute just like the rest of us. They all have their individual techniques and usually place the gun on some sort of stand where it is upright and can place the magazine and close the slide before picking it up. Can not pre load magazines thought and none have any issues and can be hard to compete against since they have all their muscles and stability working for them. I'm not sure they should be allowed to shoot IPC but they do they do get beat by plenty of shooters that have trouble not falling out of their wheelchairs. The shooters with hand deformaties or amputations that I am thinking about could probably shoot RF and standard pistol and make their national team