Wheelchair for shooting/general use.

Discussion of the adaptive needs of shooters.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Spencer, Thomas Monto

BigAl

Wheelchair for shooting/general use.

Post by BigAl »

My health and disability have been getting significantly worse over the last couple of years. I have been managing to walk with the aid of a stick, but have been falling a lot more recently. I've now managed three times in the last three days.

So I have to get myself a wheelchair, because I just cannot carry on like this. I was hoping that maybe someone with experience of this sort of thing would possibly be able to help with what to look out for. I do not know if I will be able to get an IPC classification, although an NSRA one should be possible. I would be looking at I think SH2 as I also have serious problems with upper body strength. The prone from a chair would be nice but I have joint problems that means I cannot support the weight of the rifle on the joints. It might be possible under NSRA rules though as they will allow the weight to be moved off the elbow joint by the use of a "Donut" bag.

I really would appreciate some advice as things are tight money wise, so I really need to get the right kit the first time.

Alan
RossM

Post by RossM »

I would seriously suggest you contact Disability Shooting here:

http://www.dtsgb.org.uk/

In fact if you get into your car and drive to Stoke Mandeville there is an IPC disabled shooting World Cup going on RIGHT NOW!!!

You could even talk to the classifiers as well.
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

RossM wrote:I would seriously suggest you contact Disability Shooting here:

http://www.dtsgb.org.uk/

In fact if you get into your car and drive to Stoke Mandeville there is an IPC disabled shooting World Cup going on RIGHT NOW!!!

You could even talk to the classifiers as well.
That link is dead.

Try this one

www.disabledshooting.org.uk
RossM

Post by RossM »

Gah....

I had the real page on another tab!!!!!

Thanks!!!!