shooting positions in wheelchair?

Discussion of the adaptive needs of shooters.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Spencer, Thomas Monto

Albert T

shooting positions in wheelchair?

Post by Albert T »

I recently fell victom to the desase of Gullain-Barre in its worst form, which means I will probably never be able to stand and walk properly anymore. Beeing a Dutch smallbore rifle trainer I now have to interest myself in shooting from a wheelchair.
I would very much like to know the best ways to position myself (and others ofcourse) in a wheelchair and the best angle of the wheelchair to the line of fire, for the 3 different shooting positions prone, kneeling and standing for rifle shooting.
I hope that I can help other disabled shooters in The Netherlands with this new knowledge.

Thanks,
Albert T
Thomas Monto

Positions

Post by Thomas Monto »

First go to the UPC Shooting website and download the rules and regulations. Find out what class you are (SH-1 or SH-2). Go to the area that posts the rules for each class. This will help you with what is legal or not.

Second try differant positions and see what is comfortable, and the steadiest, (based upon the rules). Go from there. It may take several position changes to find out what works for you.

There is a Dutch official with the IPC Shooting Committee who can be of help. His name should be on the website. (I forget it)

Good luck