private coaching for disabled shooters

Discussion of the adaptive needs of shooters.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Spencer, Thomas Monto

jaymeS

private coaching for disabled shooters

Post by jaymeS »

Hello. I have recently taken on a youth disabled shooter. I have myself been on two Olympic teams in the US and coached shooters ever since I retired. I assisted my dear friend Dan Jordan 2004 Paralympian and fell in love with his peers through out the world while traveling with him to world cups.

In the past few months I have given Clinics to the up and coming shooters in the Georgia area to insure their success. I have a great group of shooters excelling at a amazing rate and that is the goal.

While coaching a young women.. Her young cousin brought my eyes open once again to the need for disabled shooters. There is a extreme lack there of coaching for these shooters.

I would like to insure they are given the best opportunity as all the other Juniors and adults.

Please contact me va e-mail if you or you know of a shooter that would like to have one on one sessions to try to make the Paralympics one day. As a wife of a veteran. I am humbled by our wounded warriors and would love to see more involved with the international sport. I have started children as young as 9 to get a jump into the field.

I am here to help or encourage at any stage. Please contact me via email if you need any advice or want to get on the range together.

Best wishes,

Jayme Shipley

96',00' US Olympic Team
shootright

Jayme question

Post by shootright »

Have you brought up any training tool like power point etc.
I'm a disabled vet and I have start doing programs for Jr's for the last 4 years. I'm now wanting to start a program for Disabled Jr's and adults. I see a lack of training tools for this area of shooting. I believe if their was more tools to give more the basic to teach/coach this would help others a way to understand what to do and maybe they will start a program.

We have our first day open just for the Vet's and disabled to come and give airrifle, airpistol and archery a try. We have 6 lanes made up with 4' shooter boxes for wheelchair etc.

Keep up the good job, thank you for what you are doing.
We have VA centers full of vet's lets give them a place to shoot also.
jaymeS

support the vets!

Post by jaymeS »

I am so glad to see what your doing! I would like to assist in anyway possible. My husband was in 1/75 army ranger. Therefore you are all dear to my heart and I feel we are one big family. He is a anschutz trained gunsmith and traveled with myself and the US team prior to the Olympics. He fixed our guns and test all the teams guns to match our ammo for the year.

There is a lack of programs!! . USA shooting is working hard to change that. Although its going to take people like you and I, to bring it home.

I use powerpoint and a scatt training device. This is the same tool I used to train myself. I show the hold and shot groups we obtain while training. This is a great way for the people interested to see the possibility.

I actually had to just approach and do introductions first hand to get people started.

Please email me directly so we can work together on getting you what you need to help your potential shooters.

If we all work together. It will happen much quicker! My husbands dear friend is over Walter R. They were actually in battalion together years back. I sure he would be willing to reach out if we can show enough interest with more vet's. I would be happy to do a clinic to coach for them anytime in your area.

Best wishes, jayme
razinasia

Post by razinasia »

I am happy to know what you are doing, I own a private shooting course in Indiana. if possible plz let me know if there is any way I can help you.