SH1A Shooting Table for 10m prone air rifle

Discussion of the adaptive needs of shooters.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Spencer, Thomas Monto

legless78

SH1A Shooting Table for 10m prone air rifle

Post by legless78 »

Hello one and all

Having drivin myself almost crazy trying to find info on what we can and cannot use i have turned to the forum.

so can anyone tell me what they use for a table to shoot 10m prone air rifle?

i dint know if i can buy one from somewhere or if i need to make one.

cheers
Jamie
Buckeye

Post by Buckeye »

legless78

Post by legless78 »

Thanks mate

forget to mention that i am not in a wheelchair. i am an amputee so for me to shoot prone i need to use a stool and free standing table.

cheers
jamie
Will Hart

Shooting Table

Post by Will Hart »

Jamie,

I'm sure you have checked the IPC website for the rulebook and specs:
http://www.ipc-shooting.org/export/site ... RSIONx.pdf

The link Buckeye (Nick?) sent was for a wheelchair shooter and is excellent for that purpose. But, for being seated on a stool, regular commercial tables are available but will need to be modified. And, if you are planning to check the table on an airline, that's a whole other issue. Then, portability for flying and stability/legality for shooting are the keys for selection. It can be used for kneeling support, too.

Sydney hosted a WC in Nov. so your NGB would be a great resource, too.

Maybe someone on the list has a homemade one and can send pics.

Good luck.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

Here is a link to the IPC World Cup held in the US last year. You can look through the pics and see what others are using. I know some people go to harware stores and buy a portable work table. You do not have to shoot off a stool standing up. Most amputees that I have seen shoot from a chair. If you don't need to transport it, pretty much any desk or table will work. You will just have to add something under the legs or on the table top to get it to the correct height. Most tables are custom made or adapted from whatever is readily available. The post that Buckeye Greg made is the only table I know of that is commercially available and it is obviously made to mount to a wheelchair and is typically custom ordered with your wheelchair dimensions.

http://www.fortbenningphotos.com/Compet ... &k=Mrjd5MJ
legless78

Post by legless78 »

Thanks guys for those links

i have started on a custom table that is collapsable whilst being solid once setup. i have it at the correct height and my stool is adjustable to get a good shooting position.

will post pics once i have finished.

cheers
jamie
Thomas Monto

Shooting Stool

Post by Thomas Monto »

I have some photo's of Josh Olsens stool coming. When they arrive I will post them.
TM
Will Hart

Shooting Table and Stool Photos?

Post by Will Hart »

Jamie,

How did you make out building your SH1 table? If it's done, care to share some photos?

And Tom,

Any photos of Josh's stool?

Also, rumor had it that a company in FL was going to start making spring stands. Anyone know if they did and/or contact info?

Thanks.

Will
Thomas Monto

Stand

Post by Thomas Monto »

Haven't heard from Josh

Check with Bob Foth on Springs
TM
Zeeshan

Post by Zeeshan »

Thanks Will Hart for your needful document.there has essential information.I have no idea about air rifle.USMC0802,also thanks to you,for your link.Really a great thread.
faisal10

Post by faisal10 »

Good information here seem to be.will hart and USMC0802 thanks your helpful post.
weretigerkitteh

Post by weretigerkitteh »

Hello Jamie,
I am a PHI AK amp, recently returned to shooting and just spotted this post. Here's some photos of SH1 shooting furniture:
GBR team screen grab, how the guy on the left manages to climb in has got to be tricky.

Asian teams in the 2008 Para Games, they used the same in the .22 Prone event. Guy on left is a wheelchair user.

Lastly, my version, with a Manfrotto studio tripod and extension arm to hold up the table surface. My chair is a small alu Werner ladder, bulky but at least the top does not rotate like the height adjustable chairs. The only fear is that it might be lost by the airlines for being bulky/oversized cargo when joining competitions abroad. Have not snipped the jacket as it is a loaner.

Rules say shooters able to stand who prefer to sit must use a high chair for AR events. I am on the prone table just like the able bods, when shooting in the .22 Prone event.

CP
Will Hart

Tables

Post by Will Hart »

Nice pics! Interesting tripod/table set-up. Very versatile and simple. Best of luck on your return to shooting.

Will
legless78

Post by legless78 »

Hi Guys

sorry have been away for so long.

my table project came up a treat and have fired from it a few times now.

total cost table and stool $50
Attachments
rsz_dsc03431.jpg
rsz_dsc03432.jpg
rsz_dsc03443.jpg
Will Hart

Table

Post by Will Hart »

Table looks good! Basic, sturdy, light, and cheap. Does it break down for traveling? Any chance of a photo of the underneath (table) framework?

Thanks for posting.

Will
RossM

Table for SH1

Post by RossM »

Check out the photos on the Benning World Cup. Photo 292 and 299. Greg Reid from New Zealand on the right in 292. I built this table. The legs screw onto bolts through the table. The front legs of the table telescope over the back legs of the table (saves space). Likewise for the chair legs. I have thin plywood boards that connect the legs of the chair to the back legs of the table (see 299). These have a wooden peg that fits up the leg of the table and legs of the chair to give stability. the chair is clamped to the back legs of the table with velcro for extra stability. It is a very stable setup. samll plywood leg stands fit in the front legs of the table.

Lifting the left or right leg of the chair after undoing the velcro allows the chair to be swung out so the shooter can get in and out quite easily.

I have asked Greg to photgraph the connections a bit more and I will post them. I designed it to fit inside a "standard" and available suitcase. One allen key and two pieces of velcro are the only extras.