good to see

Discussion of the adaptive needs of shooters.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Spencer, Thomas Monto

joebyrne

good to see

Post by joebyrne »

It's good to see that this site has taken the time and effort to show a interest in shooters from all walks of life, including those who are disabled and have special needs.

My son who is almost 3 has cerebral Palsy and as he won't be like all the other kids in the play yard I hope that by me learning shooting now I can get him into the sport so that not only is it something that we can do together, but it will help him with his hand eye co-ordination and help bring him on a level playing field with other people his own age.

Thumbs up! :)
skylark

Post by skylark »

I agree totally. Shooting's a great sport to level the playing field for people of almost every age and level of physical ability - I can't imagine any other sport where we could have had a competitive team of 4 consisting of nearly 80 year old grandad in his last competitive season, 6'4 dad, 5'2 mum, and 12 year old daughter in her first competitive season.

Don't assume your son will want to shoot, but if he does, there are plenty of opportunities out there for him. And for you of course :)
76Olympian

Paralympic shooting video on Youtube

Post by 76Olympian »

Here is a link to the Paralympic shooting video on Youtube.

Of course, view the other Olympic Shooting segments also...

http://www.youtube.com/user/USAShooting ... xXFrQgxqQQ