Competition

Discussion of the adaptive needs of shooters.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Spencer, Thomas Monto

Thomas Monto

Competition

Post by Thomas Monto »

Thunder-in-the-Valley Games will be held at Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw, Michigan, on June 2 to 5, 2011. Air rifle shooting is part of these games. You can obtain more information and entry forms by going to their website. http://thunderinthevalleygames.com/

Thomas Monto
Assistant National Paralympic Coach
USA Shooting
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

thanks for the info. Are there any other matches coming up you would recommend entering before July? Trouble finding matches. Copeted in San Antonio a week or so ago and was given information about a match in Houston which is May 14th I believe. If i had not gone to San Antonio, I never would of heard about the match in Houston (I will post info about Houston for everyone when I have the info in front of me and ensure I have the correct dates). Also Tom, I'm trying to find information about the course of fire for 25M standard pistol and Standard Air Pistol. Can you post a link explaining these or send me to a link? One last thing- are you still running the internet matches?
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

One additional thing about the match you have listed. Any idea what the course of fire is going to be? I see they are planning to have several relays. Is it because they are expecting a lot of shooters or are they going to have 3P or prone and standing matches or all? Any chance you can get them to add air pistol. Has been hard finding any competitions for air pistol. San Antonio was the only event I've been to that featured air pistol.
Thomas Monto

Matches

Post by Thomas Monto »

For matches, go to USAS Website and check for upcoming matches. You can shoot any USAS match as a disabled shooter. Just check with match sponsor to be sure they have access for disabled shooters.

Go to USAS Website and download Rules. There you will find course of fire for pistol.

Thunder-in-the-Valley is for rifle 60 shots prone or standing. No Air Pistol. We will not add it.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

I have been to the USAS site and read the course of fire for pistol but am trying to confirm the course of fire for paralympic shooting. I believe it is the Standard Pistol (USAS 8.6.4.4 on page 11, which is a women's only event for USAS but mixed for IPC) but need this to be confirmed. The IPC rules and course of fire for P3 mixed is not listed on their site. Are there any shooters in the US that you know of competing in this event?
Thomas Monto

Pistol

Post by Thomas Monto »

Whatever it states in the IPC Rules applies for disabled shooters. Courses of fire, gender, etc. If it is not listed in IPC rules then and only then you revert to ISSF rules. i.e. specs on air rifle are not listed in IPC, so you revert to ISSF specs on the rifle.