Benelli MP95E Pistol Grip.

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Amati

Benelli MP95E Pistol Grip.

Post by Amati »

This one has the standard -non adjustable- grip. I don't know if this style grip comes in different sizes and the only marking is a Benelli logo.

When correctly gripped the gun comes up and points perfectly, so far so good.

But ... in order to get correct placement of the trigger finger on the trigger I would have to move the web 5/8" back.
Are my fingers too long? With extended trigger finger, and viewed from the side, the second joint is 1/2" forward of the trigger. Am I anatomically incorrect?

Without resorting to the use of grip putty to modify the grip, are there any solutions?

Thank you.
jmdavis

Re: Benelli MP95E Pistol Grip.

Post by jmdavis »

One size.

Do the sights move when the shot breaks?
Amati

Post by Amati »

Yes, the front sight moves low and to the right. The same direction and gap every time.
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

Amati,

"Anatomically incorrect"? No. You're just different. But so am I and everyone else. Ambidextrous one-size fits all grips are sort of like ponchos when its raining. They're bettering than nothing but not what you want to have if you've got work to do. Were I in your shoes I'd first try some putty at the back of the grip as you've contemplated. KwikWood two-part epoxy is easy to work with and if in the end you don't like it, you can just pop it off and the grip looks like new. Alternatively you can seek out a properly sized grips.

I make custom 3d-printed target pistol grips and would be happy to help you out. Take a look at my webpage and search this site for lots of reviews of my work from satisfied customers.

All best,
Andrew

PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com
Amati

Post by Amati »

Thank you Andrew and I may contact you to follow through on this once I'm convinced that I'll be keeping the Benelli and not replacing it with a Walther or Pardini.
Is there btw a US based entity that uses a process of obtaining a scan or a cast of a hand to make a 100% correct grip?
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

Hands are squishy and grips are not. Trying to make one match the other "100%" is a bit of alchemy that really only is accomplished over time by the owner of the hand with putty and sandpaper. However with a set of measurements we can get close enough with the 3d printer that you'll have a lot less work to do than a basic S, M or L grip.

Andrew

Custom Grips for All Hands and Most Guns
tinky

Post by tinky »

What's that red plastic thing that Larry sells called a shim used for?
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

It sits at the back of the frame and shifts the grip a few mm's rearward. It's removable if the shooter has small hands or desires a short trigger reach.
Amati

Post by Amati »

Oh that one! Thanks TT but I'm missing a full inch of rear distance to the web of the hand. I've been tempted to add putty but now I'll wait for the Rink.
dante.sparling

Post by dante.sparling »

I bought rubber based air dry molding clay from a hobbie store and applied it to the front of my rink grips on my Benrlli to give me the grip and shot break I wanted best thing was it improved my shooting for sure.
10M_Stan

Post by 10M_Stan »

Rather than start a new thread in Bullseye shooting, has anyone found a MP90/MP95 grip that duplicates the grip angle of the 1911 (i.e. 208/215/208s, etc.)? I expect Andrew could make one, but I'm curious if there is already a pattern? That sort of 1911 angle grip is available for the Pardini, and based on the grip attachment to the MP90/MP95 it seems that a 1911 angled grip would work. But, I have yet to see one. Anyone know of one?

I'd also be interested in something 'close' like grips that duplicate the grip angle of the AW93?
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

I haven't seen alternative grip angles out there for the Benelli MP95/90, but yes, I regularly 3d print them for other shooters. One of the the nice design aspects of the Benelli, and a few other guns, is that the grip screw rotates around the frame allowing you to set the grip at just about any angle you like. Standard commercial grips allow a bit of flexibility in this regard by using shims under or behind the frame inside the grip. But if you're looking for an alternative, take a look at my work on my webpage. I can put just about any grip angle you'd like on a Benelli, Pardini, or anything else with a rotating grip screw.

Thanks,
Andrew

10M_Stan

Post by 10M_Stan »

My MP90S has Nill wood grips. That Nill grip can be rotated ~ 5-7 degrees but requires wedges or shims between the grip and frame. For more than a few degrees that grip may require some material removal around the trigger guard in order to access the trigger unit without partially removing the grip.

Having a grip which allows varying the grip angle seems almost like a design feature of the MP90S. It's unclear if Benelli (and maybe Pardini?) intended that a variable grip angle be incorporated but the rotating grip screw allows that option. I'm looking into making some wedge shims to change the grip angle several degrees. Having a grip which incorporated removable wedges to adjust the grip angle would be good.