Air pistol to Bullseye...question on sub 6 hold

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Super Dave

Air pistol to Bullseye...question on sub 6 hold

Post by Super Dave »

Hi,

I've been training with a Pardini air pistol since March to work on the fundamentals and overcome a rotator cuff injury. It's been a lot of fun and challenging. My goal is to shoot in the local Bullseye matches in 2018.

I just ordered the Pardini SP BE in .22 (shooting iron sights) and I'm wondering if the same sub 6 hold that I use with the air pistol will transfer over to the .22?

With the air pistol I aim in the bottom 4 to 5 ring area. Since that's what my brain is wired for I'm wonder how that will translate to a B8 target?

If I use the sub 6 hold in Bullseye it seems like I would need to train with the full sized B8 target and not simply the B8 repair center. ( I'm trying to figure out what targets I need to order.)

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
Dave

Rover

Re: Air pistol to Bullseye...question on sub 6 hold

Post by Rover »

Do what we do at a "real" match. Use many repair centers over a full size target (or sheet of paper), which is stapled to a sheet of cardboard.

Don't worry about the difference between air and BE targets.
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

I noticed for me anyways i tend to hold as much white under the target that equals the width of the white spacing on the sides of front sight in relation to the rear sight. Since then i have decided to be a real man and hold center.
Super Dave

Post by Super Dave »

Ok, thanks for the info guys. I appreciate the help,
Dave
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Christopher Miceli wrote:I noticed for me anyways i tend to hold as much white under the target that equals the width of the white spacing on the sides of front sight in relation to the rear sight. Since then i have decided to be a real man and hold center.
So how is that working out for you ?
D.R. badge #99
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

What Rover Said.

Use your most comfortable and consistent sight picture, likely the same as your AP picture. Once you're shooting small groups, you can fix your scores with a screwdriver. (Not original, an AMU sergeant told me that at a small arms firing school.)
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey