High Standard HS-22

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Westporter

High Standard HS-22

Post by Westporter »

I have been considering the purchase of a vintage High Standard target pistol. However, I just discovered that High Standard is currently producing the HS-22, which I believe is similar to the Victor. Anyone have any experience with this new model? Have not seen much in the way of reviews anywhere.
10M_Stan

Re: High Standard HS-22

Post by 10M_Stan »

I have a Houston HS Citation barrel and front sight for my (Connecticut built) High Standard Citation. Some of the reviews of the Houston Citations and Victors have not been glowing. The barrel I received from Houston HS fits fine but the finish did not match my older model frame. The replacement front sight for that type barrel I ordered from Brownells will likely never arrive. Here is a recent thread on the Bullseye-L forum about the Houston High Standards: http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t7805-new- ... h+standard

I have an older Mitchell (made by the same company I think) also. It's stainless steel and broke an extractor fairly quickly after purchase. But, the extractor was readily replaced and it works as advertised; the (sometimes cantankerous) HS magazines work with it. Most look for the older (Connecticut built) High Standards as the newer versions do not appear to be assembled by gunsmiths - but that is hearsay and conjecture. The Houston HS got hit by Hurricane Harvey and I wish them the best.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

About 20 years ago someone brought me their newer Hi Standard pistol because it constantly had alibis. I was going to try and trade parts with an older gun I had but nothing was interchangeable as the dimensions were quite different. We gave up shortly and he got rid of it. Since, I have heard that things have been improved but have no experience whether it is true. The old guns were all good and the only problems they might have is the magazines because they had to be adjusted just right. When they were, they were very reliable and accurate.
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

I have been considering the purchase of a vintage High Standard target pistol.
Continue to consider the purchase of a vintage High Standard target pistol. Just make sure it's in good shape and you will probably never lose money on it if you decide to sell in the future.

If you are a fisherman, then you might consider purchase one of the the new ones (from Texas, etc.) in place of weights for surf fishing or if you are looking for a single shot semi-automatic........

CR
Last edited by CR10X on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhayford45

Post by mhayford45 »

I have a vintage one for sale...

The High Standard has very few rounds on the frame and barrel as it has been my back up .22. Which is why I am selling it. Someone should shoot this gun more than I do.

It is a early Texas High Standard Citation Model TX247 Serial Number AF00244
Original case and papers
3 tuned mags
Original bull barrel stored with less than 100 rounds down range
LSP Match bull barrel with LSP scope rail
Millet 3 MOA red dot and rings
Trigger job and set to 2 Lbs
Gun is 99% and is very reliable.

Asking $900.00 plus shipping

Picture available upon request.
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

I sure you have a very nice gun.

But, if it doesn't say Hamdem or Hartford on it, then its probably not going to be considered "vintage".

CR.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

I have a High Standard 107 Hamden Model for sale.
In excellent condition. As good as any Victor.
Let me know if you are interested.
marty223@charter.net