Open/Iron Sights

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

John D-B

Open/Iron Sights

Post by John D-B »

I've been using these since I was aged 10, so that's just over 62 years and I believed that they could not be improved but my Uncle Richard who was living and working in West Germany, showed me how he's painted the rear of his fore sights 'WHITE!' and It was on a Lee Enfield .303 rifle and I got the finest shock of my 21 years of life, when I tried the gun out and consistently hit the target at 200 - 300 - 400 - and 500 yards, 10 out of 10. So that when I left the Army in 1972 and started buying air rifle's and pistol's I too painted the rear of ALL my foresights white, until that is I mounted a couple of rifle's and a pistol or three with scopes and found that free standing I had a bad case of the shakes but not so when using a Bipod/tripod on the guns, except for the pistols that is.

Back before the ban, I had a pair of Colt .45 Peacemakers and a Pair of 9mm Browning HP Pistols, even the Browning's were never fitted with scopes, but I've some HW45's that are, along with an HW75 and I've still got the ruddy shakes when attempting to shoot one handed. BUT! and here's the thing that's given me a right all turn, it's simply that I've had HW40PCA single stroke Pneumatic pistol for decades and YES! I painted it's foresight white, then I spotted a pair for sale by a private seller on Guntrader and bought them. On arrival I had them out of the box toot suite and there's the shock! both are fitted with FIBRE OPTIC sights and the biggest shock IS that I sighted them in easy at 10metre's and the grouping, even single handed is breath taking, especially for me, I've never had any pistol, other than Dedicated Target Pistol's plus the Air Arm Trophy CO2 pistols, that are so accurate.

I'm fair to good shooting two handed but single handed target pistol shooting is not what I am able to do with any great deal of success that's age for you, plus infirmity due to arthritis and repetitive strain injuries that have caught up with me.

I'd recommend to you all, IF you've not tried Fibre Optic sights, do so. I found them much more efficient to use than balck on black open sights.