Marvel Conversion Question

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

sandy741

Marvel Conversion Question

Post by sandy741 »

What is the hole drilled on the underside of the barrel at the muzzle? Also how many springs are sent with a new kit? Thanks Sandy
Murph

Re: Marvel Conversion Question

Post by Murph »

That threaded hole is where a set screw goes that mounts a compensator
sandy741

Post by sandy741 »

Thanks Murph, I didn't have my flashlight. What kind of ammo are most people using?
Thanks, Sandy
Murph

Post by Murph »

Mine shoots CCI sv very good. At 50 yards though, it's a does a bit better with SK standard plus...... holds less than an inch
perazzi

Post by perazzi »

CCI sv, Eley Club
JimPGov

Post by JimPGov »

I HAVE 3 MARVELS , 1 INDOOR, 1 OUTDOOR, 1 DISTINGUISHED . ALL WORK WELL WITH CCI SV. AGUILIA HAS WORKED WELL IN THE PAST BUT IS REALLY LOT # SENSITIVE. I HAVE ABOUT THAN 2K OF LAPUA SIGNUM LEFT . ALL SHOOT THAT THE BEST AT 50YDS FROM THE RANSOM REST. ALL SHOOT UNDER 5/8 INCH WITH THE SIGNUM. JP
swelfelo

Post by swelfelo »

One of the shooters on my team uses Eley Sport (now called Target) and it is partial to this ammo.
hengehold

Post by hengehold »

What are my options for putting a Marvel conversion onto a custom fitted 1911 hardball gun for CMP/NRA bullseye competition?

Is the conversion kit compatible with a 1911 that has had the rails tightened (peened) or does it need to go onto an unmodified frame?

Thanks

Trevor
hengehold

Post by hengehold »

What are my options for putting a Marvel conversion onto a custom fitted 1911 hardball gun for CMP/NRA bullseye competition?

Is the conversion kit compatible with a 1911 that has had the rails tightened (peened) or does it need to go onto an unmodified frame?

Thanks

Trevor
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

Trevor,
It really depends on how much the rails have been altered. From the few I've seen, most do not fit. That is the downside of peening the rails but it's worth a check. Finding a gunsmith that has the right slide files could be worth the effort since the inner slide rails of the Marvel could be opened up to fit the peened rails (leaving the 45 fit alone) because a loose fitting slide on the marvel has little affect.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

The Marvel and Nelson conversions were designed to fit a peened rail frame. I have not seen a peened frame yet that would not accept a 22 conversion. There are probably some out there but you probably wouldn't want that gun anyways because it would be peened to the high heavens. The slides are actually quite loose on majority of frames.
A new Caspian or JEM frame that has unaltered rails will also accept the conversions. The wrench in the gears is the Kart conversion. All the ones I've built required fitting the slide\frame.
Jon