TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulls eye range design
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:15 pm 

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here can put me on the right track about range design for NRA Conventional Pistol Programs.
I know this is not popular in Europe, but right now, where I am at, we have a good chance of starting out the proper way.
I was wondering if anyone can assist with basic questions like number of lanes needed for both 25 and the long line and detail, like if its ok to use a 50 meter range by sharing this with 22 issf ( 45 noise might not be too welcom).
Tips from someone with practical range experience about Tournament shooting logistics and practical needs that effect range layout will be invaluable.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:49 pm 

Contact the NRA and bullet trap manufactures like Savage or Range Systems (if indoor) and ask them the question.

Different discipline, but this was a post from last year and it might help
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53290&p=255230&hilit=range+design#p255230

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 pm 

schatzperson wrote:
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here can put me on the right track about range design for NRA Conventional Pistol Programs.
I know this is not popular in Europe, but right now, where I am at, we have a good chance of starting out the proper way.
I was wondering if anyone can assist with basic questions like number of lanes needed for both 25 and the long line and detail, like if its ok to use a 50 meter range by sharing this with 22 issf ( 45 noise might not be too welcom).
Tips from someone with practical range experience about Tournament shooting logistics and practical needs that effect range layout will be invaluable.
Thanks.

NRA publishes a range manual that goes into great detail and includes lots of drawings. Start there. The biggest technical issue for my club range (indoor) was getting ventilation up to code.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:15 am 

I know that there are reduced international targets for free pistol, so it can be shot on 50 yard ranges. I'm not so sure about the other way around.