Bulls eye range design

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

schatzperson

Bulls eye range design

Post by schatzperson »

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here can put me on the right track about range design for NRA Conventional Pistol Programs.
I know this is not popular in Europe, but right now, where I am at, we have a good chance of starting out the proper way.
I was wondering if anyone can assist with basic questions like number of lanes needed for both 25 and the long line and detail, like if its ok to use a 50 meter range by sharing this with 22 issf ( 45 noise might not be too welcom).
Tips from someone with practical range experience about Tournament shooting logistics and practical needs that effect range layout will be invaluable.
Thanks.
Shooterer

Re: Bulls eye range design

Post by Shooterer »

Contact the NRA and bullet trap manufactures like Savage or Range Systems (if indoor) and ask them the question.

Different discipline, but this was a post from last year and it might help
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... gn#p255230
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

schatzperson wrote:Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here can put me on the right track about range design for NRA Conventional Pistol Programs.
I know this is not popular in Europe, but right now, where I am at, we have a good chance of starting out the proper way.
I was wondering if anyone can assist with basic questions like number of lanes needed for both 25 and the long line and detail, like if its ok to use a 50 meter range by sharing this with 22 issf ( 45 noise might not be too welcom).
Tips from someone with practical range experience about Tournament shooting logistics and practical needs that effect range layout will be invaluable.
Thanks.
NRA publishes a range manual that goes into great detail and includes lots of drawings. Start there. The biggest technical issue for my club range (indoor) was getting ventilation up to code.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I know that there are reduced international targets for free pistol, so it can be shot on 50 yard ranges. I'm not so sure about the other way around.