TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:05 pm 

fc60 wrote:
Greetings,

The Pardini's I have encountered have the "normal" M5x0.8 thread.

Look at your M5x0.9 tap again. Does it actually say 0.5? I could not find a M5x0.9 tap.

The threads of the 0.5 tap will be finer than the 0.8 tap.

Also, check to see if the round tapped piece in the frame is not turned 180 degrees. I would expect the part to be tapped all the way through so you can start a bolt from either direction.

Last, learn from my mistake. The round piece in the frame has a spring and ball to retain it in the frame. DO NOT REMOVE the circular part unless absolutely necessary.

Cheers,

Dave

Yes. they say 5mm- 0.8 and 5mm-0.9 respectively, I was reading them through a magnifying glass as I was typing.

I had already turned the barrel shaped threaded thing to the other side so I could thread the bolt in the un messed up side a couple of years ago. It's very easy to mess up the thread when fitting non Pardini grips. And, I already had the fun of discovering how easy it is to loose the spring, not shown on the gun diagram, that is inside that thing. (sprong!) Surprise!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:57 pm 

fc60 wrote:
Greetings,

The Pardini's I have encountered have the "normal" M5x0.8 thread.

Look at your M5x0.9 tap again. Does it actually say 0.5? I could not find a M5x0.9 tap.

The threads of the 0.5 tap will be finer than the 0.8 tap.

Also, check to see if the round tapped piece in the frame is not turned 180 degrees. I would expect the part to be tapped all the way through so you can start a bolt from either direction.

Last, learn from my mistake. The round piece in the frame has a spring and ball to retain it in the frame. DO NOT REMOVE the circular part unless absolutely necessary.

Cheers,

Dave

So. It's been 9 days and no parts from Pardini, no response to e mail or voice mail. So I went to the local Hardware and got a 5mm -.8 x 35mm allen head screw. It fit but the only one they had in that length was Chrome Plated! So it cost $3.00 instead of .50 but at least the grip is back on the gun.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 am 

sounds like pretty good customer service.