TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Red dot
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:35 pm 

Rover wrote:
Get a hatchet!

I don't think it will fit in the case either

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:55 pm 

It is pretty hard to give an accurate opinion about this because it will surely vary between pistols and maybe between the times you do it. Go to the range, benchrest shoot at 50 yards, take it off and put it back on several times and you will not only be sure but also have confidence that if you are not calling your shots correctly that it is or is not the gun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 pm 

"I have never shot indoors. How do you learn what to do when it rains or how to handle wind?"

Dipnet,

When shooting indoors, rain and wind are not issues that one needs to contend with! "Been there, done that".
Seriously, for me, it's either shoot in an indoor Bullseye league or not at all. Unfortunately, all of us do not live
in sunny Florida. Am going to assume that, due to it's climate, your southern locale offers far greater opportunities
to shoot outdoors than most other places do. If I am correct on this, then consider yourself to be very lucky. Also
note that jerber specifically asked for advice on which red dot sight would be needed for indoor shooting. Perhaps
his situation is similar to mine?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:36 pm 

The worst weather I have EVER shot in was at the Midwinter Nationals in "sunny" Tampa, Florida. It rained so hard I had to keep blowing the water out of my sight notch and I had the puckers from standing there with a lightning rod in my hand.

As far as what Red Dot to use....I use the same one indoors and out. I just turn up the dot brightness outside.