New Pardini SP Trigger

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

wahoowillie

New Pardini SP Trigger

Post by wahoowillie »

I bought a new Bullseye SP package from Pardini USA about 6-weeks ago to replace an older SP. I loved the old gun and love the new one even more. Ive made numerous trips to the range since then and have run around 2000 rounds through the new gun without a single hiccup. Yesterday after firing 65 rounds, as I pressed the trigger through the 1st stage, there was an odd lack of resistance. I cleared the gun and noticed that the tigger shoe had slid way to the rear of the trigger housing and was clearly out of position. Since the new style trigger is quite different than my older SP, and I hadn't yet studied the new design, I packed up and went home feeling sick to my stomach. I though maybe something had broken or was defective, but once I got the gun on the bench and had a drawing in front of me, I could see what was going on. I loosened the screw (that seemed tight already) that secures the shoe to a tiny horizontal shaft, slid the shoe forward, tightened up the screw and all seems well. I hope this was an anomaly and isn't going to be a recurring problem.

I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem and would appreciate any insight.
NRA Life Member
sparky

Re: New Pardini SP Trigger

Post by sparky »

No problems with mine, though I suppose you could get some of the *weakest* Loctite threadlocker and put a very tiny dab on the threads if it happens again.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

You could call Pardini USA and see what Vlad, Alex, et al. recommend. I have the older version as well and once adjusted the trigger stays put. By the same token the people who I know with the SPBE, haven't mentioned this problem either.

I would definitely talk to Pardini USA before I put even Purple Loctite on that small screw.

Good luck
wahoowillie

Post by wahoowillie »

Good advice. Thanks, I'll give them a buzz.
NRA Life Member
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

wahoowillie,
I'm attaching info I've compiled form Pardini and Don Nygord on adjusting your trigger. No worries; I'm sure one of the RG screws holding the trigger on the horizontal trigger rod just needed a little tightening. Warning: do not over tightening these as steel screws in an aluminum part can easily strip threads. Use the purple LocTite (222) to help secure the screws (designed for fine threads and is relatively easy to undo). The file I wanted to attached was too large, so PM me and send your email address and I forward it to you. Best of luck, dipnet
Zipp0

Post by Zipp0 »

yup - it does that - helps to have a handy allen wrench 'on the line' or a dab of locktite or a dab of goop from the 'nail decorator' of the household. (I pilfered an apparently 'not in fashion anymore' bottle)