.22 Conversion for the .32 ACP Pardini

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dmw6455

.22 Conversion for the .32 ACP Pardini

Post by dmw6455 »

I have a .32 ACP Pardini and was thinking about buying the .22 conversion. My big question is to those that do this: When changing from one to the other in a match do you feel that your scope settings translate over from one to the other? I know you probably have to have a cheat sheet for your scope adjustment. So is one better off still just having a dedicated gun for both disciplines? That is what I currently do, but my .22 is a Hammerli Excesse and the grip angle and feel are definitely different. Was thinking that having the same basic gun might be better from a consistency of hold stand point.
sparky

Re: .22 Conversion for the .32 ACP Pardini

Post by sparky »

You'll have to change your elevation, but probably not windage. I'm leaning toward getting a second gun, just so I don't have to worry about forgetting to adjust the dot, variations in ammo, fiddling with swapping calibers on the line and dropping a part, etc. However, most folks probably aren't willing to spend the extra money on a second Pardini.
machinist mike

Post by machinist mike »

Why not get the pardini scope mount from Larry's? You Can get them either for use with iron sights or without and it allows you to mount the scope to the barrel assy as opposed to mounting it on the receiver, so the unit maintains zero when they are switched. Admittedly, you need 2 scopes, but it's still cheaper than a second gun.
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

I use the Larry mounts with a scope for each barrel. It takes all the drama out of changing from 22 to CF. Change over is less than a minute and you know the gun will be sighted in. I leave my trigger set to CF weight all the time so I leave that step out when changing barrels.
dmw6455

Post by dmw6455 »

Went to Larry's, but don't see the mount you are talking about. Can you send a link? Thanks.
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

I called Larry when I ordered my mounts. I do not know if he has them on his web site. This link will show you what it looks like.

http://www.westernmarksman.com/_p/prd1/ ... new-and-gt
sparky

Post by sparky »

Don't know if the Western Marksman is the same as Larry's (couldn't find a pic of his on his website) but one downside I see is that you have to remove the front sight. For me, this means I can't shoot a CMP EIC match after shooting an NRA bullseye match by just taking my dot off (which I can do now with scope rings that clamp to the rail machines in the frame.)
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

It probably does not show it too well in the photo but on mine I can just remove the scope and the iron sights are usable.
dmw6455

Post by dmw6455 »

Seems to me that you would have to buy 2 of those scope rails at $225 each plus the conversion. Starting to get close enough that I would be better off buying the whole pistol!
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

2 guns are always better than one that you have to convert between matches. You would have your backup gun also.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I use the Pardini SPBE 22lr and 32ACP, and a 45 for 2700s and the 22 and 45 for 1800s. I use one scope, a Matchdot II, for both 22 and 32 calibers. This scope has an elevation knob that can be unscrewed and "zeroed."

I use the attached chart to keep track of scope adjustments. Also, if you mount your rings all the way to the rear in the frame groove, you retain your zero if you remove scope for EIC matches. I use Warne picatinny low mount rings, remove the silver-colored insert that is supposed to fit in the picatinny groove, and file the inside (slanted) angle of the ring feet to sharpen them up a bit. I have mounted both rings up front, which moves the center of gravity near the handle (see image; note the rings are not completely to rear in this picture).

So, one scope can work for both calibers. Note: double-check your zero (with the 22) to make sure is correct after remounting the scope. When the elevation knob is zeroed for the 22 at 25 yards, all other settings for 32 ACP loads don't change as they are relative to the 22rf zero. Cool, no? dipnet
Attachments
Pardini SPBE_Warne rings_sm.jpg
Pardini_Matchdot II Settings Sheet1.pdf
(22.86 KiB) Downloaded 156 times