phoenix rod and gun desert mid-winter match

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

siordian1

phoenix rod and gun desert mid-winter match

Post by siordian1 »

come and shoot with us.
Attachments
3-2017 A Z Service Pistol and Revolver Championship Desert Midwinter.doc
(28 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
9- 2017 Desert Mid Conv.doc
(43.5 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Fletch

Re: phoenix rod and gun desert mid-winter match

Post by Fletch »

What's the turnout like for this event?
Rover

Post by Rover »

It depends on whether we get a bunch of military teams in, but this is still the largest match West of the Mississippi. We have had competitors from as far as Europe and Puerto Rico. But most competitors are from Utah, California, and Colorado.

It is a very informal and fun match(es), plus you have the pleasure of watching the competitors who have gotten heavily into the fabulous Mexican food here (Come on ice cream!!!).

You can also take the opportunity to see the Grand Canyon and the fabulous National Parks in southern Utah while you're here.

Maybe some of our past folks will chime in here.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Rover wrote:It depends on whether we get a bunch of military teams in, but this is still the largest match West of the Mississippi. We have had competitors from as far as Europe and Puerto Rico. But most competitors are from Utah, California, and Colorado.

It is a very informal and fun match(es), plus you have the pleasure of watching the competitors who have gotten heavily into the fabulous Mexican food here (Come on ice cream!!!).

You can also take the opportunity to see the Grand Canyon and the fabulous National Parks in southern Utah while you're here.

Maybe some of our past folks will chime in here.

I first attended in 2009. Havent missed a year since. Lots of fun, and nice people. Bring your RV, and camp at the range. It is even more fun of you show up the weekend before and shoot their monthy 2700. Hopefully I wont have to plow too many drifts to get my truck and trailer out of the garage, and on my way down to Phoenix.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I live in Portland, OR, and I'm thinking about making the trip down there. I assume most of the shooters are interested in 3-gun Precision Pistol, but I only shoot .22lr right now. Is it common for people to attend and only shoot the match for their respective gun?

Best,
Fletch
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Fletch wrote:Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I live in Portland, OR, and I'm thinking about making the trip down there. I assume most of the shooters are interested in 3-gun Precision Pistol, but I only shoot .22lr right now. Is it common for people to attend and only shoot the match for their respective gun?

Best,
Fletch

You can shoot 22 all the way through if you like. Also lots of nice 22 caliber international matches if you have one with iron sights.

If you would like I would be happy to let you borrow a gun for any match you dont have a gun for, and many other people there would as well.
Rover

Post by Rover »

There will be a few extra top-of-the-line air pistols around, too. We also have CO2 and compressed air. We can fill a cylinder or a SCUBA tank. We prefer that you shield the other shooters with your body while filling.