Walther ssp

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mikejkd

Walther ssp

Post by mikejkd »

It's getting hard to find target 22 shorts so it's time to retire my walther osp. Does anyone have anything to say about the Walther ssp? I can't find any reviews online to start my decision

Thanks
GOVTMODEL

Re: Walther ssp

Post by GOVTMODEL »

mikejkd wrote:It's getting hard to find target 22 shorts so it's time to retire my walther osp. Does anyone have anything to say about the Walther ssp? I can't find any reviews online to start my decision

Thanks
I can only say that I have not seen one on the firing line at Camp Perry or anywhere else.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You need to look among the International type shooters where they are not uncommon.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

I have a SSP-E since spring. Fired around 3000 shots until now. Here some feedback for you:

Standard grip fits me perfect, much better than my Rink. The bore-alignment fits perfect for me, and the trigger is very crisp.
Disassembly is easy, assembly is tricky, you have to get used to it. I dont like it. Sight adjustment only by allen key.
I did not have any malfunctions caused by the gun, but take care when loading the magazin. If there are not 2 rows of bullets, the spring tension in the magazin is too high and it will jam. (one bullet at the wrong side is enough to cause trouble)
Another thing wich i discovered, the recoil is very hard, much harder than AW93 or MG2, the newer models dont have this "dampening" pump. My SSP has no O-ring on the dampening rod. Maybe it was removed due to ammunition sensitivity...

Overall i like it.

have a nice weekend!

phil
Walther SSP-E
Steyr LP10
K31
K11
Triplef

Post by Triplef »

The Walther SSP is a very nice sport pistol. As i know there are no problems anymore from serial 3000. On my shooting club this weapon is often used by association members. Note, it should be cleaned regularly for trouble-free use.
Ammo used without problems;
  • SK Pistol Match
    SK Standard Plus
    CCI Standard
    RWS Pistol Match
Overall a very nice sport pistol with a very nice standard grip :-)
MatchGuns MG2E
Walther SSP