Best 10 Meter Air Pistol Targets

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mparker

Best 10 Meter Air Pistol Targets

Post by mparker »

Who makes the best air pistol (B-40) targets? The ones I'm using from Kruger do not allow for nice neat holes most of the time. They are nice heavyweight stock but wadcutter pellets and rimfire ammo tends to tear rather than punch them.
fc60

Re: Best 10 Meter Air Pistol Targets

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

FAS604, low velocity SSP, and the holes in the Edelmann were cleanly cut.

http://www.pilkguns.com/edelmanntargets.shtml

Cheers,

Dave
Rover

Post by Rover »

I can only think the velocity of your AP is very low. If you can't crank it up, I would try 7 grain pellets. You might also try putting a used target behind the one you're shooting at.

Just yesterday a shooter I was with was having this problem. He needed a new striker spring in his PCP.
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

FWIW, I shoot a Morini 162EI and the Kruger targets ALWAYS provide a nice clean round hole even when two hits are very close to one another.

Dulcmrman
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

mparker wrote:Who makes the best air pistol (B-40) targets? The ones I'm using from Kruger do not allow for nice neat holes most of the time. They are nice heavyweight stock but wadcutter pellets and rimfire ammo tends to tear rather than punch them.
Are you using a target backer? Cereal boxes make excellent target backers.

Chip
divingin

Post by divingin »

dulcmr-man wrote:FWIW, I shoot a Morini 162EI and the Kruger targets ALWAYS provide a nice clean round hole even when two hits are very close to one another.
Ditto, except using a 162MI.

jky
mparker

Post by mparker »

Thanks folks. I'm using an Izzy and a FAS 6004. Plenty of 10M power. At my range the targets have to be stapled to a cardboard form. Maybe I need an extra layer.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

mparker wrote:Thanks folks. I'm using an Izzy and a FAS 6004. Plenty of 10M power. At my range the targets have to be stapled to a cardboard form. Maybe I need an extra layer.
There have been several reports of the 6004 being very low on power. Even the original 604 was never exactly fast.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I have no advice beyond what I've already given. The IZH should give clean holes. I'm not sure about the 6004. Are you using 7gr pellets?
mparker

Post by mparker »

Rover wrote:I have no advice beyond what I've already given. The IZH should give clean holes. I'm not sure about the 6004. Are you using 7gr pellets?
Yes. R10 Match or Match+
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

The Edelmann targets are so "crisp" you can almost break them in half. Will definitely leave crisp holes. Bring $$.

I like the Krugers.
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

Kruger leave clean holes at our club with any 10m pistol we use except for Daisy 714 or 747's. Their velocity is lower than IZH46M. Make sure the cardboard backing isn't shot out.
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

mparker wrote:Thanks folks. I'm using an Izzy and a FAS 6004. Plenty of 10M power. At my range the targets have to be stapled to a cardboard form. Maybe I need an extra layer.
I also have an Izzy, shoot indoors, scrap cardboard backing against pellet trap with Kruger targets. Using Premier SM pellets, I think they are 8 gr. Punches very clean holes. I do move the targets around so there is always clean cardboard behind the poi.
spektr

Post by spektr »

I shoot kreugers for contests and shoot american targets paper the rest of the time. My P44 will rip the americans every now and again, the Daisy 777 rips and tears horribly UNLESS you tape them onto cheap manilla file folders from WalMart. Perfect round holes no matter what pellets hit it