Re: Morini CM22M

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

It would seem to be an interesting pistol,yet I can't find a price for it and no reviews. How does it compare say to the Pardini? Would like any information that's out there.

Thanks,

Dave
dronning

Post by dronning »

Apparently there were both steel and aluminum versions.
http://www.morini.ch/download/7.pdf
Looks kind of complex.

There is one up for sale in Australia right now for $1950 I assume AU$ so that puts a used one, if you could even find one, for around $1,500 US. I have never seen one so I'd stay away simply for the rarity. You can't go wrong with a Pardini.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Dave514 wrote:It would seem to be an interesting pistol,yet I can't find a price for it and no reviews. How does it compare say to the Pardini? Would like any information that's out there.

Thanks,

Dave
Hi Dave, if you're in the USA, you can get them from Neal Stepp at ISS-International http://www.iss-internationalshootersservice.com/

Give him a phone call(see# on his website) and he can tell you what's available and the estimated cost. I got

my Morini CM22-RF (aluminum Rapid Fire version) from him several years ago. It's very easy to clean and adjust

for my hold and shooting preferrences.

Tony
Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

Thanks to you both for your reply. yet i've not seen a review anywhere.

David
javaduke

Post by javaduke »

I have two CM22Ms, one has a red dot scope mount and used in Bullseye competitions, the other one has iron sights. I really like them, triggers are very nice and have many adjustments. Both guns shoot SK Standard+ ammo with no issues, although if the chamber is really clean, sometimes it fails to eject the empty case, but the solution is to slightly lubricate the chamber after cleaning.
Magazines are expensive.
Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

Thanks, maybe the Pardini is a better choice.

David
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I've read nothing but good things about them, but can't point you to a review. I know they are not as well favored as Pardini by top notch shooters. I own one, love it and if I was a well-heeled fellow, I'd probably also own a Match Gun, Fienwerkbau 93, as well as Morini CM22. But I'm not well off but do have decorum. I whole heartedly endorse the Pardini SP, most common choice of Olympic shooters. USA support is terrific (except during major competitions when they are on the road). This is one of those "things" I would really like to take with me, along with a few fly rods, my kayak, and some other stuff when I depart this dear world. But I can't see cremating those toys. Alas, decisions,...Cheers, dipnet
Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

Yes, I know what you mean. You can't take them with you and you can't send them ahead...lol.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yeah, but you can have that smokin' hot body you've always wanted!
Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

I want wings without the hot sauce.
javaduke

Post by javaduke »

I forgot to mention that Morini has somewhat simpler design than Pardini, because it has mechanical (but excellent) trigger vs Pardini electronic trigger, and, unlike Pardini, doesn't have any internal recoil compensator. Less parts to fail :)
Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

That's good to know.
dronning

Post by dronning »

javaduke wrote: vs Pardini electronic trigger, and, unlike Pardini, doesn't have any internal recoil compensator. Less parts to fail :)
There is no electronic trigger in the Pardini SP BE. Recoil compensator is a non fail item extremely simple design weights and springs and in timed or rapid fire is a huge advantage.

- Dave
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

Great, now all I've got to do is have 20/20 vision and loose the hand shakes at 84 going on 85....lol!
Just wish Pardini was around when i could to advantage of it. My time was with Joe Benner and Bill Blankenship.

Dave
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Ditto on the SPBE recoil reduction. Vladimir told me that Pardini encourages owners to fiddle with their guns and I don't need any stinking encouragement.

I'm one of those guys, who upon purchasing a new handgun, has my buddy drive home, and despite verbal admonitions, I completely dissemble the it as much as possible without tools, or with the tools provided, just to see how it works. This has led to frustrating searches for springs, bearings, and other small parts. The point of this is I've tried every variation of the 6-rod/spring recoil dapening system and it works best as it comes from factory.

For example: I have a decent rest. By turning my red dot down to the lowest setting I can clearly see and precisely aim at a 50 yard target, carefully shooting, the dot does not appear to move. And I'm not squeezing the oil out of the grips either.

Other than the Pardini, I am admittedly enamored by Match Gun (the non-electronic version). I think the bullet feeding mechanism is very inventive as is the spring loaded tube magazine (which can unload all rounds by pushing the retention lever, clever). I wish Match Gun would establish a U.S. distributor (uh, so I could by my wife one...). Maybe even Rover would treat himself.

Last April at the Dixie Match (our local regional match), there was an 83-year old young man from Georgia, Ben Amonette, who did quite well (high senior). I'm a blessed outlier at 65 with 20-20 vision and have dreams of a master ranking...Gun dreams, dipnet
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Kinda surprised that folks can't find these pistols or prices for them. Our host has them clearly shown on his website. And he supports them with parts and repairs.

http://www.pilkguns.com/masprlist.htm#morini
Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

They don't sell the CM22M
dronning

Post by dronning »

Dave514 wrote:They don't sell the CM22M
Have you called?, it's still listed on the price list check the link.

Morini Target Firearms and Accessories
CM84E - 22LR Free Pistol with electronic trigger, tools, manual and case. $2140
CM22M - 22LR semi auto Sport/Standard Pistol (steel shroud), mechanical trigger, tools, manual and case. $1840

- Dave

I fact I clicked on the link to purchase and it added it to my cart, so if they stopped selling them then their price list is outdated.
~ Ben Franklin
hurt

Post by hurt »

I have a older one, with red frame, and i love it! It has steel upper, so its a bit nose heavy, but it recoils straight back with minimal rise. It is accurate at 50 yards and has eaten at least a case of CCI Standard since its last malfunction. I use it for NRA and international standard and rapid fire. I like it better than my Matchguns MG2. I think it's under appreciated though i also like Pardini! I think it is a worthy pistol...my 2 cents!
Dave514

Post by Dave514 »

Thanks for your feedback. It was more out of curiosity as I used to shoot both NRA and ISU. Now I'm too old to be able to even hit a bull in the ass at two feet...lol!.
Thanks anyway.

David