Non pro shooter looking for first pro quality .22 pistol

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

togfish

Re: Non pro shooter looking for first pro quality .22 pistol

Post by togfish »

bsd wrote:I appreciate all of the comments thus far and I've been searching the web, bookmarking various page, and looking at pistol specs.
I also came across the Walther GSP Expert and was wondering if there was a reason why no one suggested the Walther.
Is there something wrong with the Walther?
My GSP expert is extremely reliable and accurate. Should be able to get it brand new for about $1800 to $1900, and you will never regret it
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

togfish wrote:
bsd wrote:I appreciate all of the comments thus far and I've been searching the web, bookmarking various page, and looking at pistol specs.
I also came across the Walther GSP Expert and was wondering if there was a reason why no one suggested the Walther.
Is there something wrong with the Walther?
My GSP expert is extremely reliable and accurate. Should be able to get it brand new for about $1800 to $1900, and you will never regret it

+1 I love mine, trigger is superb. Shoots CCI-SV all day. 10 round mags also available.
Troystat

Post by Troystat »

Lots of good choices out there, I am a so-so shot but love my older S&W model 41 with it I know that if the shot is not in the x ring it was the nut holding the grip not the gun. I bought mine as a "new" used gun from Dave Carrol several years ago and it has been a joy to shoot and seems to shoot with any ammo I try in it but I stick to CCI SV for costs, (can't shoot well enough to justify more expensive ammo). A friend of mine has a huge collection of fancy target pistols including Walthers and others and they all shoot well. One thing to consider if you ever want to shoot both the 45 and 22 in a bulleye match having similar grip angles is nice. Good luck and let us know what you get and how you like it.
DustyJ

Post by DustyJ »

I shoot an older Browning Medalist (great gun!), a Browning Buckmark target grade, Ruger Mark III (target grip and trigger) and have recently acquired a SW22 Victory. I suggest that gun as it is inexpensive, light weight, very accurate out of the box and can be customized with Volquartson barrel and target grips. It is not Olympic competition but still shoots better than most of are capable of. Your wife would love it and your billfold will too (under $400)

Good shooting and Merry Christmas
Happy Trails,
Dusty Johnson
38HBWC

Post by 38HBWC »

Pardini SP 22 hands down. The plus is that you can get grips from Rink or Nill to fit perfectly
spektr

Post by spektr »

Not to hijack the thread, BUT if you arent competing and you want a high class pistol, do something really bold. BUY A FREE PISTOL........ You will probably never master it, but thats the joy. It is a complete excuse eliminator. Just a thought from the dark side, after all, we free pistol shooters are like drug dealers, come shoot my pistol, get hooked, I dare ya......
Rover

Post by Rover »

I like spektr's idea. But since you just want a toy, pick the prettiest one with the most farkles.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

spektr wrote:BUY A FREE PISTOL........
Sounds like a great plan to me. No matter what else you buy, you'll stand out at the range, but others will always compare.

Shoot free pistol and there will be no comparison possible. You'll always stick out. :p
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607