Aim point H-1 mounted on Pardini SP BE?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Dipnet

Aim point H-1 mounted on Pardini SP BE?

Post by Dipnet »

Has anybody mounted an Aimpoint H-1 (or T-1) on their Pardini SP BE (using the existing grooves on top of frame)?. I would be especially interested if anybody uses it for both 22lr and 32ACP, without changing the red dot sight (e.g., only changing elevation settings for 25 and 50 yards for each caliber). What I am trying to accomplish is significantly lowering the red dot scope heigth (currently using the Warne rings medium height steel rings) and weight. The Warne's do not move under 32 ACP recoil.

If another shooter has set up their pistol this way, I would love to get the details. I currently "zero" my red dot with 22lr @ 25yds, raise it 3 clicks for 50 yards, raise it 13 clicks (from zero) for 32 ACP @ 50 yards and 8 clicks (from zero) for 32 ACP at 25 yards. The system works and cheaper than two Picatinny rail mounts and red dots dedicated to each caliber. Just have to remember to return to 22lr zero after each match.

Thanks, dipnet
gitkrunk

Re: Aim point H-1 mounted on Pardini SP BE?

Post by gitkrunk »

I've seen people file the factory aimpoint mount to fit the pardini euro cut rail
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

I just got an SP and I filed down an extra H-1 base/mount I had. Works fine but ugly. Going to fabricate a mount now that I know what I'm up against.
Jon
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I've been filing down a spare mount too. Not sure about the aesthetics of it, but the SP isn't exactly a svelte gun (an essay in squares and rectangles).

What I was hoping to discover if anybody was using the Aimpoint for both 22 and centerfire stages and if their scopes reliably made elevation adjustments necessary to shoot 22lr and 32ACP between 25 and 50 yards (assuming a 25 yard zero with 22lr).

My chart taped to gunbox for Matchdot is:

25yds 50yds
22lr zero +3
32 ACP +8 +13

dipnet
Otis9022

Post by Otis9022 »

I sent my H1 base to Pardini USA. they milled it to fit the grooves. It works great and has remained tight through thousands of rounds.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Otis9022,
Terrific. Why didn't I think of that? Any rate, do you shoot both 22 and 32ACP?

If you do, I would like to learn what elevation adjustments you make between 25 and 50 yards for each caliber (and which you use for "zero"). Thanks, dipnet
Otis9022

Post by Otis9022 »

Dipnet,

I do not shoot the 32acp but a friend of mine that frequents this site does. He runs the same set up, and to my knowledge he has no problems with it. Pardini does a very nice job on the base. I think it was around $60 with shipping. I also have Fred Totts sun tubes installed on the dot. I have found I need only 2 clicks elevation change from 50yd to 25. This is using Eley Target. I originally used the Ultradot Matchdot with machined rings from Pardini. Although it is a good set up, I like the Aimpoint much better. I played around with the placement on the rail, and found for me, the dot right over the trigger was the best position.
rigwhanson

Post by rigwhanson »

I had a friend mill the base on a stock H-1 to fit the grooves on the Pardini. When shooting the pistol in the 32 configuration using Hornady ammo I think the fine point on the rear dovetail on the fixed side of the H-1 base sheared off on recoil. I have not tried since to run a H-1 on the Pardini. I think the 22 would be no problem but the 32 it depends on the load you are shooting. At the time that I had the base shear off I was shooting both Hornady factory and Fiochhi with the 60gr JHP. The Fiochhi is a little hotter than the Hornady and probably contributed to the failure if not causing it. My experience.
RGw
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Does the Pardini have a 11mm mounting rail?

http://us.aimpoint.com/product/micro-mo ... -dovetail/
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

The milled in rail on the Pardini SP and HP pistols is the 19mm European dove tail. Years ago I saw an aimpoint mount that was 19mm European dove tail, it was on a German website.
Otis9022

Post by Otis9022 »

When I purchased the SP Bullseye edition I bought it with the Ultradot Matchdot. Pardini machined the rings to fit the rail prior to shipping it to me. Since then I have tried to find alternative dots and mounting options. The Ultradot is a fine product and the machined rings worked very well, I just prefer the Aimpoint. It wasn't until I contacted Pardini that I learned that they could machine the base to make it fit the rail. I'm not sure if this is something Pardini owners were unaware of as no one seemed to be talking about it. I just assumed I was stuck using one type of dot and mounting system. Hope this helps.