Ultradot broke

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

PatMcD

Ultradot broke

Post by PatMcD »

Shooting league yesterday afternoon and the dot on my ultradot turned into a big blob. Looks like a 5-ring sized jellyfish. Another shooter told me out had "flashed" and that it was all done. Was he right, or can it be fixed? I no longer have the receipt.
Rover

Re: Ultradot broke

Post by Rover »

Send it to Larry Carter anyway. Tell him to send you a new one. Who the hell keeps receipts for a throw-away item.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Were you wearing contact lenses and one fell out ?

Sorry, kidding, just had to say it.

Send it to Larry and it will get taken care of.
PatMcD

Post by PatMcD »

I had heard he and ultradot weren't seeing eye to eye and so wasnt doing warranty work for them anymore.
I only live an hour away from his shop, so I'll swing by and see what he has to say.
x90rider

Post by x90rider »

PatMcD wrote:I had heard he and ultradot weren't seeing eye to eye and so wasnt doing warranty work for them anymore.
I only live an hour away from his shop, so I'll swing by and see what he has to say.
You might want to wait, I think he is at Camp Perry.
mmande

Post by mmande »

Larry Carter no longer services Ultra-Dots. I recently had one repaired and was in contact with this person;
Katie Zabel
Ultradot Distribution
Customer Service/Warranty Department
They are very serious about having the original receipt! You should go to their web site and find out how to contact them. Turn around time was good and cost minimal. (Your mileage may very).
I hope that this helps;
Mike
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

mmande wrote:Larry Carter no longer services Ultra-Dots. I recently had one repaired and was in contact with this person;
Katie Zabel
Ultradot Distribution
Customer Service/Warranty Department
They are very serious about having the original receipt! You should go to their web site and find out how to contact them. Turn around time was good and cost minimal. (Your mileage may very).
I hope that this helps;
Mike
Yep. I bought a new UD HD Micro to replace the same model on my .45 which was having intermittent dot/off issue while at Perry. I had planned to upgrade the dot I used on my .22 with the intermittent one after I get it back from UD service.

I put the brand new HD micro on my .45 and sighted it in at the function range. Then, on .45 day, I was having trouble calling shots. When it got to the TF match, I was calling shots deep in the black that were going high. About 8 inches. At one point the lower I aimed the higher the shots went. I was able to diagnose that the screws holding the integrated sight base to the scope was separating. This after only about 60 shots! I tried to return it to Larry and hw said there was nothing he could do and that I had to send it to UD service in FLA. All I wanted to do was get my money back.

I have used UD on my guns for over a decade and until now was a happy camper.