Scope rail

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Nick Y

Scope rail

Post by Nick Y »

I need a scope rail for my AA conversion. AA won't ship to Canada. So I was wondering if a marvel rib will fit.
Nick Y

Re: Scope rail

Post by Nick Y »

Anyone?
dronning

Post by dronning »

Call or email Marvel. You could also try contacting Nelson

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I prefer the Clark scope rail mount simply because it is a little lower; same screw hole pattern and they proved screws with mount; see http://clarkcustomguns.com/parts-category/1911/ Hope you can get this, dipnet
dronning

Post by dronning »

Dipnet wrote:I prefer the Clark scope rail mount simply because it is a little lower; same screw hole pattern and they proved screws with mount; see http://clarkcustomguns.com/parts-category/1911/ Hope you can get this, dipnet
Dipnet,

Does that fit on a 22 conversion, good to know.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
perazzi

Post by perazzi »

Nick Y wrote:I need a scope rail for my AA conversion. AA won't ship to Canada. So I was wondering if a marvel rib will fit.
No, it will not fit. nor will it fit on a Nelson.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Sorry, I don't specifically know if the Clark rail will fit an AA conversion (I assumed the AA conversion basic 1911 layout was the same; may not be true). Suggest just calling or emailing AA and asking them if a Clark scope rail will fit their pistol. Or you could go with one of the micro red dots, but would still have to find out if their rear sights used standard Bomar or Novak cuts, with respect to mounts needed for various red dot brands. dipnet
jackh

Post by jackh »

With one extra hole, the Marvel Precision rail will go on an Nelson conversion. Not sure if it will on an AA. Its just a matter of hole spacing, and a radius filed to fit the left corner of the slide. I have done this to two Marvel rails to fit Nelson units. First was a Marvel scope rail modified for a Nighthawk (same as Nelson) with a little help from Roddy. Next was a Marvel iron sight rib modified for a Nelson (Roddy again did the drilling), and I filed the rear corner. The sight rib also has 22 grooves milled into it for scope mounting. Randy at CPC did the grooves.

This rail pictured on a Marvel, is now mounted on a Nelson. I no longer own Marvel conversions.