Larry Trigger on Xesse

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

tenx9

Larry Trigger on Xesse

Post by tenx9 »

I've called a few times to Larry's Guns on how to set up their trigger on an Xesse. Unfortunately I'm never able to get them or when I do they send me the wrong info. You would think its a good thing, but my trigger is so light that I pull straight thru the 2 stages and jerk my shots. Can't adjust it for a single stage or a more definitive 2 stage. Anyone out there has them? it would be appreciated.
rmca

Re: Larry Trigger on Xesse

Post by rmca »

http://www.carl-walther.de/public/downl ... 3-2014.pdf

Read pages 45, 46, 56 and 57

Hope this helps
tenx9

Post by tenx9 »

give it a try thanks
tenx9

Post by tenx9 »

No, not it. The larry trigger has has three adjustment screws. All of which is make the trigger not work or work only in the way I described above. I'm guessing either nobody has tried one or they like it as is. Cant even make the trigger heavier no matter what screw I turn
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Try contacting Larry's Guns Inc again by phone and by email. They are likely to be able to send you the instruction sheet for the installation and adjustment of their trigger if that is what is installed on your pistol. In my dealings with them concerning my Hammerli X-esse (purchased from another US importer) they have been very helpful.

I don't think I have ever been able to talk to LGI directly when calling, but they have always returned telephone calls and email when they can get free.
tenx9

Post by tenx9 »

thx will give it a try
Rreid

Post by Rreid »

I have a Larry's trigger on my trailside, and it does adjust like the instructions posted by rmca. Try using the flathead screwdriver to turn the large plunger behind the trigger out until the hammer will not fall. Turn it back just until the hammer will fall. Use the small Allen wrench to turn the small plunger clockwise to increase the pull weight. The 2 small Allen screws near the top of the trigger don't do a lot. The first one decreases the 1st stage travel when turned clockwise. The second one increases the 1st stage pull weight.
tenx9

Post by tenx9 »

ty didn't think u had to go thru the grip to adjust it. That's the info I'm looking for. Will try
rmca

Post by rmca »

Rreid wrote:I have a Larry's trigger on my trailside, and it does adjust like the instructions posted by rmca.
What I posted was a link to the hammerli factory manual. I didn't realize it was an after market trigger.
Zipp0

Post by Zipp0 »

Yep, you have to take the grip off and fiddle a long allen wrench from the back of the frame into the middle spring adjuster in the screw behind the trigger. My kit didn't come with the extra long hex wrench and it is a swine to adjust if you don't have one.

Also, once adjusted - put a drop of lacquer or nail polish on it to stop it backing out - which mine did - dropping the trigger weight to a mushy nothing (in a competition).....

Once adjusted, it works like a charm. If you are thinking about installing one and a freaked out about the 'drilling-and-tapping-the-frame' part - buy the additional tools (drill and tap) from Larry and find a friend with a miller / driller. The first one will take 45 minutes, the second one you do, about 5.... It is very straightforward (and satisfying once done!).
tenx9

Post by tenx9 »

if you happen to know the size of the hex wrench I need, it would be appreciated. Out of all the wrenches I have don't have one long enough to reach, so Im not sure of the size. Hate to order a set and miss it.

thx
Vito
718-644-4675
tenx9

Post by tenx9 »

actually found the right size in the back of my tool box. Any way that did it. Really nice 2 stage trigger. Not quite as nice as my old Ham 215S obviously, but its thank you for the advice
joe139

Post by joe139 »

I called Larry's a week ago on a question about a used gun he had listed, He never called me back so I bought another gun some were else. And he has still not called me back oh well.
tenx9

Post by tenx9 »

Evidently there's only one lady working the phones. I called 3 straight days to get grips and left a message each time. Finally on the fourth day, someone picked up. She apologized, said they were extremely busy, then took care of me. They do have the best prices on Ultra dots and grips. You pays your money, you take your chances..........good luck
Zipp0

Post by Zipp0 »

Ah - yes - I asked Larry for the size of the Allen wrench and I suspect they don't know for sure. I reckon the adjuster is the same as for a Pardini (the PS screw) - for those without the odd Pardini kicking around, I popped down to the basement (while writing) and mic'd the small hex wrench and it measured 1.5mm flat-to-flat. So try a long M1.5 hex wrench.

The whole assembly backed out during a competition so I bought a couple of 3mm M1.5 grub screws (called something different in the US I think) that screw into the adjuster screw and a 1.5mm long hex wrench for $0.90. I must say that the guy at Aklands Grainger who spent a very agreeable 30 minutes ferreting around the warehouse for corporate revenue of $0.90. The Bolt Supply Warehouse has a minimum order of $5 so I gave them the body swerve.

As the assembly has a tendency to drop to the floor, ask the resident nail varnish consumer for their least favourite shade and put a blob of that on after adjusting the trigger to your satisfaction. Should your household be light on nail varnish the $$ store provides.
tenx9

Post by tenx9 »

Actually had one that fit, but didn't know the size and it reached but not where it was easy to use. So off to Sears and I bought the whole set of long hexes @ $16.95. So, you did a lot better than me. And yes the size you quoted is indeed the correct size and as far as I could tell, its the smallest size that's readily available. Thanks for the input