.22 pardini magazine release jammed

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

stephen.hirasuna

.22 pardini magazine release jammed

Post by stephen.hirasuna »

The magazine release on my .22 pardini is jammed, and won't let the magazine free. It looks like the release is only held by a pin, but tapping on it with a pin punch didn't move it. Before I break something, is there a proper way of removing the mag release button?
Rover

Re: .22 pardini magazine release jammed

Post by Rover »

Remove grips push in the button that you push down while loading the rounds into the magazine.

Good luck.
stephen.hirasuna

Post by stephen.hirasuna »

Thanks for your suggestion, but the SP22 magazine well isn't in the grip, so removing the grip panels won't help. Will try emailing Pardini USA and see if they can help.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

There is not much to the magazine release on a Pardini SP or HP....

I would suggest carefully removing the pin to drop out the spring and magazine release. Inspect those parts for damage, and the frame too since it is only aluminum. If there is no damage apparent then clean, lube, and reassemble.

Its possible that you have a small piece of debris wedged in there that is keeping it from operating properly.

While you are working on your Pardini, disassemble it and inspect the shock buff in the back of the frame. When that shock buff starts to go it drops little pieces of plastic all over the internals of the gun. That could be what is causing your magazine release to not work properly.

I would like to suggest to always have a spare shock buff on hand. If you have never replaced yours then order two from the Pardini USA website. If you shoot it without the shock buff in place you will immediately realize that doing so will damage your pistol.

Good luck with it.
j o danielsson

Post by j o danielsson »

The pin that holds the button goes either way. Just hit it.
You probably got something underneith it.
But, if you by any chance bent the lip in the front of the magazine upwards before last insertion, just draw back the bolt and try to release it with open breech.