Walther SSP or Pardini SP New

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Zipp0

Re: Walther SSP or Pardini SP New

Post by Zipp0 »

My SP-RF was noticeably nose-heavier than my SSP - until this evening when I took out all 6 tungsten weights. Very light now. I know Shiloh mentioned it - I am slow on the uptake.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I went from a GSP to a Pardini Bullseye SP several years ago and absolutely love the pistol. It is a well-designed shooting tool which allows the shooter to configure the pistol to his or her preferences. I've varied the trigger position and barrel weights, all of which provide different shooting experiences. I also have the 32 ACP for centerfire and have set the 2-stage trigger to 2-lbs first stage and 0.5-lb second stage to eliminate the need to change trigger settings between 22 and centerfire matches. I have ended up with a Horton grip, which I think is a remarkable grip for the money.

I can't imagine anybody being unhappy with a SP 22. I do know of one shooter who did not like the 32 ACP, but that may have more to do with the press he uses than the caliber. I recommend Pardini. Dipnet
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

Jerry Keefer wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm The Pardini . . . . . muzzle weight does effect some shooters, and is overcome by replacing the steel shroud with an aluminum shroud, and the weighs can be retained..
Reviving this necropost.
Accidently found this photo and wondering if this aluminum shroud is available today? This weight saving part would be a great learning step for my junior shooters starting Sport pistol.
Thanks.
madmax

Post by madmax »

If you look closely to the Rapid Fire shooters at World Cups, some of the Pardinis appear to have 3D printed front ends, possibly to make the front lighter.
Then again, some have weights to bring them up to the 1400gm limit.
What suits is what works best for YOU.
rmca

Post by rmca »

SPPcoach wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:21 pm
Jerry Keefer wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm The Pardini . . . . . muzzle weight does effect some shooters, and is overcome by replacing the steel shroud with an aluminum shroud, and the weighs can be retained..
Reviving this necropost.
Accidently found this photo and wondering if this aluminum shroud is available today? This weight saving part would be a great learning step for my junior shooters starting Sport pistol.
Thanks.
I don't think it is.
The 4 weight version of the Pardini SP was from 2004-2012 if I recall correctly, then it was replaced with the six weight front end that stays to present (2016 they became interchangeable from .22 to .32, but the front part is the same shape).
That looks handmade from the drawings below...
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

This recent post relates to replacement Pardini front ends. As used by Ralf Schumann in his hey-day. Mind you, they cost €1500 and you have to provide the barrel!

https://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=67819

Bob