AW93 With Red Dot Sight

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

joel

AW93 With Red Dot Sight

Post by joel »

I am thinking of trying my AW93 with a red dot and it seems that the Breznovich mount is the way to go. Has anyone mounted this system on their AW? Were you able to do it yourself? I am asking because George was a bit vague on this and I am fairly abled when it comes to mechanical things. Also, are you using an Aimpoint and which one is working without messing with any spring changes? Seems that there is an R-1, H-1, and T-1.

Thanks Much in Advance,

Joel
Isabel1130

Re: AW93 With Red Dot Sight

Post by Isabel1130 »

joel wrote:I am thinking of trying my AW93 with a red dot and it seems that the Breznovich mount is the way to go. Has anyone mounted this system on their AW? Were you able to do it yourself? I am asking because George was a bit vague on this and I am fairly abled when it comes to mechanical things. Also, are you using an Aimpoint and which one is working without messing with any spring changes? Seems that there is an R-1, H-1, and T-1.

Thanks Much in Advance,

Joel

Probably not. It requires cutting the back of the grip to get the scope mount attached to the frame, and be able to get the grip back on.

Unless you plan to shoot only with the dot, and not switch back and forth between a dot and irons, the Brenzovich mount is a PITA.

I finally just made my AW-93 a dedicated iron sights gun because taking off the mount, and getting the irons back on is an even bigger hassle.
joel

Post by joel »

I am fairly certain that once I go to the dot, I will stay there. If I can't improve with the dot, then, I suppose that I will put the iron sights back on. Otherwise, I don't plan on a change. As for the back of the grip, I think that I can lightly dremel until fitted on the gun.

Thanks,

Joel
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

joel wrote:I am fairly certain that once I go to the dot, I will stay there. If I can't improve with the dot, then, I suppose that I will put the iron sights back on. Otherwise, I don't plan on a change. As for the back of the grip, I think that I can lightly dremel until fitted on the gun.

Thanks,

Joel

No spring changes required. The 22 barrel isn't affected by what you put on the slide. The aimpoint is my scope of choice, but since I cant afford one for all my guns, I have chose to use the equally reliable, and much less expensive Ultradot.
joel

Post by joel »

Isabel1130 wrote:
joel wrote:I am fairly certain that once I go to the dot, I will stay there. If I can't improve with the dot, then, I suppose that I will put the iron sights back on. Otherwise, I don't plan on a change. As for the back of the grip, I think that I can lightly dremel until fitted on the gun.

Thanks,

Joel

No spring changes required. The 22 barrel isn't affected by what you put on the slide. The aimpoint is my scope of choice, but since I cant afford one for all my guns, I have chose to use the equally reliable, and much less expensive Ultradot.
I have the Ultradot on the 1911, but thought I would splurge on the AW and put the Aimpoint H-1 on it.

Thanks for your advice,

Joel
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

joel wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:

Thanks,

Joel

I have the Ultradot on the 1911, but thought I would splurge on the AW and put the Aimpoint H-1 on it.

Thanks for your advice,

Joel
Well the Aimpoint micro is the best scope for the AW, unless you want to machine the barrel or have a mount that puts the scope a little higher above the gun.

I don't like switching between the Aimpoint and an Ultradot because it seems to require me to change my grip to line up my eye with the dot and the target. Just something else I don't want to have to think about in my extremely stripped down shot process.
joel

Post by joel »

Thanks for all the advice, Kate. Not sure I am at a level where it will matter with me going from one type of scope to the other. I want to focus on the .22 until I can shoot some decent groups and then move on to the .45.

Cheers,

Joel
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Joel
I mounted a Brezovich mount on my AW93 3 months ago.
It is supposed to be a new and improved mount.
Took 1 minute to mount after removing the rear sight.
It's well made and good fit.
I am using the Ultramatch Micro.
I like the red dot, except for the on/off switch.
joel

Post by joel »

Oh, that's good to know. I am looking forward to using the dot. With the Aimpoint, you really don't need to worry about turning it off since the battery is good for 50k hours (~5 years, I believe).

Thanks,

Joel