Replacement Kart barrel

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

joel

Replacement Kart barrel

Post by joel »

I'm replacing my standard RO barrel with a Kart. Is there any advantage to using a 6" rather than a 5" barrel?

Joel
6string

Re: Replacement Kart barrel

Post by 6string »

Hi Joel,

Probably not, but….
If you have an extended front sight, I've found a 6" barrel can keep lead fouling off the extension or rib.
If you're a perfectionist and/or skilled machinist, you have extra material for machining the muzzle crown.
Obviously, the extra inch would impact velocity, but I don't think that's a factor to many of us here.
There could be an accuracy factor (advantage?) with the extra inch. Do you have a Ransom rest? Do you like to tinker with loads?
I have wondered about fitting a 6 inch barrel for the purpose of installing a front sight block to the barrel, as found on the Sig P210-5.

Best Regards,
Jim
joel

Post by joel »

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a Ransom rest but I have been using 3.7gr of Bullseye with 185gr swc and an 11lb recoil spring. Due to my aging eyes I am having an Ultradot installed and decided to also have a Kart barrel fitted. Just didn't know if many went the 5" or 6" route.

Joel
wv109323

Post by wv109323 »

There is no advantage with a 6" barrel. The Army tested and found no accuracy advantage with the 6".
joel

Post by joel »

Thanks!