Pardini Ammo .22 dirty ammo?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

xeye

Pardini Ammo .22 dirty ammo?

Post by xeye »

I used to be able to shoot 1500 rounds between cleanings with the Pardini SP New using CCI and Wolf.

This year I cleaned up for the Indoor league and DNF'ed in the second match...two failures to extract, round number 4, in a row. This was after 200 rounds approx. of CCI and Eley Target.

The gun was pretty dirty. Has anyone else found Eley Target to be especially dirty?
crankythunder

Re: Pardini Ammo .22 dirty ammo?

Post by crankythunder »

Eley target does not cycle my pardini reliably. Especially in cold weather. I found the same thing with Eley Sport (although eley sport is no longer available).

I clean my pardini before every match and whenever I get upwards of 600 rounds through it from practice. I also squirt a small blast of aerosol cleaner in the firing pin, I had that get gunked up with CLP once.

The ammo's that have performed well have been wolf mt, sk rifle match, sk pistol and sk pistol special. I have a list of others that work excellent but they are expensive and/or supplies are questionable. I am unable to find a acceptable ammo cheaper then wolf MT for my pardini.

I find that CCI SV is not quite as accurate for my pistol as the European ammo, although other shooters have found it performs very well in their pardini. Consequently, I used up my stock of CCI SV as practice ammo.

Hope this helps!
nmbuzz

Post by nmbuzz »

My Pardini Nygord was well used when I got it 5 yrs ago. No clue as to round count. It has been fed a steady diet of ELEY SPORT since I've had it and that
was recommended when I got it. I've still got two plus cases of E Sport and plan to use it for competition. I tried Wolf MT and had reliability issues with it with the spring I have in it. I also shot some ELEY 10X in a match and while it ran the pistol just fine it did not provide what I would expect 40 cent a round accuracy
should be. I actually score better with E Sport.
The man I got it from said from time to time he would.... place a small patch of lead removal cloth on a jag that was mounted in a drill chuck and
"polish" the chamber with it being careful to insert it only to the depth of a 22 case. I have done this 3 times in 5 years and have never had a failure of
any kind. YMMV
NMBUZZ
xeye

Post by xeye »

crankythunder wrote:Eley target does not cycle my pardini reliably. Especially in cold weather. I found the same thing with Eley Sport (although eley sport is no longer available).

I clean my pardini before every match and whenever I get upwards of 600 rounds through it from practice. I also squirt a small blast of aerosol cleaner in the firing pin, I had that get gunked up with CLP once.

The ammo's that have performed well have been wolf mt, sk rifle match, sk pistol and sk pistol special. I have a list of others that work excellent but they are expensive and/or supplies are questionable. I am unable to find a acceptable ammo cheaper then wolf MT for my pardini.

I find that CCI SV is not quite as accurate for my pistol as the European ammo, although other shooters have found it performs very well in their pardini. Consequently, I used up my stock of CCI SV as practice ammo.

Hope this helps!
I used to use Wolf MT for matches until I got a batch that didn't group well. At the same time, I got a couple of batches of CCI SV that didn't group well. (all things relative to past experience). So I tried this Eley Target and this batch groups well but, if it doesn't run the gun ? What good is that?

speaking of CCI SV, I have a suspicion they downgraded the quality of the plastic box to encourage shooters to go to a "higher priced spread". I have a 5 or 6 yr old lot of CCI SV plastic that groups as well as the mid level Eleys; I am saving that.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I have been using CCI SV Blue Box in my S&W41 and my TOZ FP with complete reliability and satisfaction. I KNOW that other ammo may be more accurate, but NOT more reliable. I just can't shoot well enough for it to matter. The stuff was very accurate in my Ransom Rest testing.

I believe Green Box, Blue Box, and plastic are all the same, though they may be selected lots.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

If you have a problem with Eley Sport functioning in your gun, dump a box of fifty in your hand and apply 2 drops of a thin oil like is used in pneumatic tools and rub them in your hand until all the oil is on the bullets evenly. It will happen fairly quickly so it isn't difficult. After they are done, put them back into the box. Don't do too many boxes at a time because they will dry out in several weeks. They will feel a lot like what Norma 22 ammo feels like in their stock condition. This may work well for other ammo also and I only had to do the Sport in the winter and then just for some of my guns.
xeye

Post by xeye »

Rover wrote:I have been using CCI SV Blue Box in my S&W41 and my TOZ FP with complete reliability and satisfaction. I KNOW that other ammo may be more accurate, but NOT more reliable. I just can't shoot well enough for it to matter. The stuff was very accurate in my Ransom Rest testing.

I believe Green Box, Blue Box, and plastic are all the same, though they may be selected lots.
I guess I was just born cynical.

They added a new CCI grade in between a while back and I think that means they "selected" less good lots than previousl for the plastic box. I always did find a difference in grouping between paper and plastic. Conversely, I never found a notable difference between plastic and Green Tag, so I always used the plastic.