Camp Perry 2015

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mr alexander

Camp Perry 2015

Post by mr alexander »

Folks,

Back in late April, there was a thread posted on this forum titled "Camp Perry New Huts". For those of you who were able to attend,

what was your overall impression of the pistol phase of the National Matches? Comment on anything: the accommodations, the food,

the weather, the ranges, the matches themselves, etc. Any anecdotes you care to share? My insane work schedule puts a real damper

on my ability to attend events like this. My first and last time at Perry? 1993! ( I know; how time flies.....). Let me enjoy the Matches

vicariously through you. Thanks!
Rover

Re: Camp Perry 2015

Post by Rover »

So in 22 years you've been unable to get away because you wanted to work?

There's something wrong with you.

When you drop dead, some folks will say "Aww" and move on.

BTW The huts and food are OK.
mr alexander

Post by mr alexander »

Rover wrote:So in 22 years you've been unable to get away because you wanted to work?

There's something wrong with you.

When you drop dead, some folks will say "Aww" and move on.

BTW The huts and food are OK.

Rover, Rover, Rover:

Wanted to work or HAD to work?

There's nothing wrong with me; I feel just fine.

In addition to my occupation, have had some other unfortunate family issues (among other things) come up over the years that kept me from going to Perry.

Not all of us walk on the same path through life; sincerely do appreciate you understanding that fact.

After I die, it'll be my sole mission to haunt you with all sorts of misfires, malfunctions and alibis when you're on the firing line.

Thank you for sharing your 2015 Perry experience with me; am really glad I created this thread.
Last edited by mr alexander on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dronning

Post by dronning »

Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Rover wrote:When you drop dead, some folks will say "Aww" and move on.
Very true, make time to live your life and enjoy it.

Perry was fun, already planning my trip for next year.

The mess hall was sub par and over priced, the food trucks were good but over priced. The restaurants in Port Clinton are great. The PX closes at 4pm so get your jerky and bourbon early.

Other than being in the open, shooting in the rain, sloshing in the mud, the weather is a welcome break from the Texas heat. And for that reason shooting there feels completely different than shooting a match under an awning.
mr alexander

Post by mr alexander »

dronning wrote:This might help

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t4453-thou ... camp-perry

= Dave

Hello Dave, Thanks for your reply; thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the comments found on that link!
mr alexander

Post by mr alexander »

ghillieman wrote:
Rover wrote:When you drop dead, some folks will say "Aww" and move on.
Very true, make time to live your life and enjoy it.

Hi ghillieman, You're right; I certainly need to do that. Am looking forward to going back to Perry soon; perhaps next year?