GSP vs GSP Expert

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

GVJOHN

GSP vs GSP Expert

Post by GVJOHN »

Anyone have enough experience with these Walther GSPs to say the Expert is the better choice between the two? Also the same question on the 32.
Bill Treanor

Re: GSP vs GSP Expert

Post by Bill Treanor »

I have them both in .32 S&W L. The only real difference I could tell between the two was the recoil-reducing device at the muzzle consisting of the reciprocating weight/spring mechanism. That device never did that much for me and I ended up taking that barrel off and replacing it with a fast-twist custom barrel from Dave Wilson and never looked back.

I have a much-older GSP in .22 (I think their first model from 1970) and it is accurate and very reliable. I have no experience with the GSP Expert in .22.

Hope that helps,

Bill
GVJOHN

Post by GVJOHN »

That does help. A good used GSP 32 plus a Wilson barrel will work and not break the bank.

Thanks Bill.
scausi

Post by scausi »

Walther Gsp expert has updated trigger unit, adjustable recoil shock buffer , longer sight radius , and the barrel breach is coated in Nitro Carbon.
Cheers S
ser2711

Post by ser2711 »

Which is in inches the fast-twist custom barrel from Dave Wilson ?
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I currently use Douglas Chrome-Moly 0.311" blanks with a 14" twist.

I have used 10" and 12" twist with equal results. Actually, with carefully assembled hand loads, the factory 18 3/4" barrels shoot under three inches at 50 yards.

I use a chambering ream of my own design that is smaller in diameter than the SAAMI or CIP drawings. As a result, your brass is not worked as much and tends to last longer.

Cheers,

Dave