Pardini 22

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Nine major

Pardini 22

Post by Nine major »

What kind of a group will a pardini 22 shoot from the long line
dronning

Re: Pardini 22

Post by dronning »

With the right ammo 25-28MM

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

most any good 22 will group under 2'' at 50 yards, but be sure you like the radical grip angle of the pardini, its the reason you rarely see anyone shooting bullseye with it.
morten

Post by morten »

GunRunner wrote:most any good 22 will group under 2'' at 50 yards, but be sure you like the radical grip angle of the pardini, its the reason you rarely see anyone shooting bullseye with it.

If you don't like the grip angle on the Pardini SP/HP, buy a Nill grip for it, Nill has a grip angle closer to the 1911's, Hammerlie 215/208, 280, Walther GSP, Feinwerkbau 93 etc.

http://us.nill-shop.com/nill_search?gun ... frame=3902
dronning

Post by dronning »

GunRunner wrote:most any good 22 will group under 2'' at 50 yards, but be sure you like the radical grip angle of the pardini, its the reason you rarely see anyone shooting bullseye with it.
There more than you think shooting them for bullseye. Horton makes a very popular 1911 angle grip for the Pardini.

Check out this thread:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47013

- Dave
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

dronning wrote:
There more than you think shooting them for bullseye. Horton makes a very popular 1911 angle grip for the Pardini.

Check out this thread:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47013

- Dave
Just saying they are a very limited amount of shooters using them in the south, of all the ranges we shoot at in ga, tn,sc,nc,al ive only seen a few using pardini, and most were 32s,
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I see a lot of Pardinis on the line. The other advantage is you can switch barrels and shoot .32 ACP for center fire.which is very accurate at 50 yards.
I resisted shooting .32 for a long time. Should have switched earlier.

Chip
Nine major

Post by Nine major »

I just got a 32acp and I have order a rink grip smilier to a 1911. The way this gun shots timed and rapid fire the 22 is a no brainier.
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

The grip angle on the Pardini is very easy to adjust from lay down European to up like a 1911. Just loosen the grip screw and it will pivot to what angle feels good. You might need a longer screw if you change the angle a lot. Tighten screw and your ready to shoot. You can also put a small wedge in the gap that is created between the grip and gun. I used a cut down rubber door stop.
32shooter

Post by 32shooter »

I can second the grip angle adjustment idea. I used a piece of cedar shim that was only about 1/16" thick on it's wide end to move the grip angle to match my Steyr LP50...which is just right for me. The original Pardini angle was both somewhat painful and awkward. Had to slightly relieve the original grip by the rear sight for clearance.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

If possible, why not put a Pardini-style grip on the 1911?
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

ChipEck wrote:If possible, why not put a Pardini-style grip on the 1911?
Not possible
dronning

Post by dronning »

ChipEck wrote:If possible, why not put a Pardini-style grip on the 1911?
There are quite a few Mfg. of ergonomic grips for the 1911, all that I have seen have the 1911 grip angle, because of the front to back width of the 1911 frame I don't think you could create a Pardini angled grip unless you have very big hands with long fingers.
- Dave

~ Ben Franklin
Dipnet

Re: Pardini 22 grips by Dick Horton

Post by Dipnet »

I just received these grips for my Pardini SPBE from Dick Horton; they are lovely. It is just amazing how Dick converts a 2D image of your hand into a 3D grip. With a few minor adjustments, they fit my hand like a glove and the grip rake is less than that of the standard Pardini grip. I also got a standard palm shelf for shooting International matches. Cheers, Dipnet
Attachments
Pardini SPBE_DHortonR_small.jpg
Pardini SPBE_DHortonL_small.jpg
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

This is funny. I am dreaming of a Pardini gun for its rake angle to help me with my International Rapid Fire shooting, and someone else is making it into a Smith M41! Why don't I just send you my Smith and you let me have your Pardini?
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Nice try Shaky. I'm sure Pardini has a nice SPBE with your name on it. Since gun lust is an incurable condition, you can temporarily sate it but you can't put it out. There will always be another gun that wiggles its trigger and gives a sultry come hither. Maybe you need a Steyr 10E or a magical Match Gun, or a Hammerli FP 160...And we haven't even gotten to fly rods or wooden canoes yet. Why couldn't I have been borne rich instead of just lustful? Dipnet lamentations
Dipnet

Re: Pardini 22 grip rake

Post by Dipnet »

An above comment about grip rake got me wondering what the approximate rake was on various target pistols. Using Photoshop, I added the yellow lines and measured the angle shown in illustrations; rake = 180-that angle.

So for all of you who were dying to know these rakes, 1911=74 (degrees), Benelli M90=61, AW 93=65, Hammerli 208=74, Hammerli 280=64, Hammerli SP20=62, MG4=55, Morini CM22=54, Pardini SPBE (standard grip)=55, Pardini SPBE (Dick Horton grip)=63, Pardini GT45=61, S&W 41=76, and Walther GSP=63. I don't know why that bug crawled up my leg, but hell, I like bugs.

Having proved the obvious, European are designed pistols with a lot more rake, I shall retire for the weekend and a club match. Ciao bang, dipnet
Attachments
Grip rake angele_be pistols2.jpg
Grip rake angele_be pistols.jpg
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

That's cool. Now what else would be very interesting and at least equally important is the distance between the line of the barrel (muzzle) and that of the forearm (say, the top of it). The lower the distance the less muzzle flip of the gun should be.